Home Non Cigar Related

Ever try and help someone?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
And then their attitude takes a change and you wonder what the hell you even bother for?
Especially when you've gone out of your way for them. Like they are doing you a favor. 
And then, when you wash your hands of it, they act like you screwed them.
People make no sense.

Rant over.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    So many times. If just half would repay half or help out we would be so much better off and I would have at least a half full xxxxxxx. We went without a lot of time to help out and I really wonder if it was worth the effort. I guess that is the biggest reason I like dogs so much more than most "humans". You rescue a dog and they know it, and do not forget.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do good things because your a good person. One day the people you help will realize it. 
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    If I expected people to make sense or be grateful, I would have burned out on ministry long ago.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    If I expected people to make sense or be grateful, I would have burned out on ministry long ago.
    You are a far better person than I am.
    I don't expect them to be grateful, but cooperating when a person goes out of their way to help them, would be nice.

The problem is, I don't like most people, but I end up helping folks out, cause I guess my heart hasn't quite solidified to stone yet.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like most people either but the saying is 'love thy neighbor' not 'like your neighbor', so I try to do that, sounds like you do too.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I don't like most people either but the saying is 'love thy neighbor' not 'like your neighbor', so I try to do that, sounds like you do too.
    My wife thinks it's hilarious that we can be in a place with people all over and I'll be minding my own business and some random stranger will just come up and start talking to me. 
    Just out of the blue, they pick me out of the crowd and start telling me all about what they are doing and all that kind of stuff. 

Better you than me

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience you've got the right spirit. Being empathic sucks because it's like you have your own gravity. And if you are fortunate, the fool you helped out will one day remember, feel the shame and humility, then help another because of your kindness.
    I can walk up to a complete stranger and know them by name. Just FYI a tinfoil lined baseball cap doesn't help.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."