Home General Discussion

Gurkha

Smoked a damn good cigar today. Gurkha Bourbon. I'm just getting into cigars....I have Gurkha Beauties on the way along with Gurkha Park Avenues...I'll keep you posted.

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DZR, is that you?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • DripperDripper Posts: 2
    No......
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My man, stick around, and welcome to the madness
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your smokes! 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dripper go to the newbie trading thread and get a sponsor.  Trading will open your eyes to a world of awesome cigars...
    Don't look ↑
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get you a @Bigshizza sampler. You won’t regret it.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Dripper
    Don't let these azzholes run you off. Stick around. We got a great bunch of regulars here but unfortunately they are allergic to Ghurkas. From the description I just read of the Ghurkah Bourbon, it sounds a lot like the Makers Mark bourbon cigars. I liked those myself.   
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The title Gurkha has over 100 views

Come out you closet Gurhka lovers, i know you exist.
    I agree.  Someone besides me has to be buying them!  Oh... and some Victor Sinclairs.  ;-)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I like the occasional backwoods
  • variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    I once gave a friend and Gurkha and he stabbed me. 
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how I ended up on this forum. The first cigar forum I tried went just like this thread, I asked a simple question and they made fun of my brand of cigar so I moved on and ended up here. I figured they weren't my kind of folks, but you guys are my kind of folks and y'all do the same thing. I've done the same thing! I went through this phase where I said, "can't trust a newbie". And we all know who's at fault for that don't we? (Me? No! Not me!) You-know-who is always in the back of my mind. But just in case the new guy isn't you-know-who, my new policy is "Just be nice, don't be an azzhole.". 
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Bob_Luken said:
    my new policy is "Just be nice, don't be an azzhole.". 
    @Bob_Luken awesome policy, but it is awful hard for you not to be you. Just kidding.  I am always glad for the new guys to show up, jump in and stay a while. @Dripper welcome to the nut house. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @Bob_Luken is true to his word. I just met him on vherf and when he asked what I was smoking I said an ACID Kuba Grande. Not a favorite here but he didn't judge. I told him why I liked it and that was good enough for him. Sure the first third is like snorting saccharine and the last third sheds it's outer covering faster than a virgin on prom night but that middle third is... acceptable.
    Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    This is how I ended up on this forum. The first cigar forum I tried went just like this thread, I asked a simple question and they made fun of my brand of cigar so I moved on and ended up here. I figured they weren't my kind of folks, but you guys are my kind of folks and y'all do the same thing. I've done the same thing! I went through this phase where I said, "can't trust a newbie". And we all know who's at fault for that don't we? (Me? No! Not me!) You-know-who is always in the back of my mind. But just in case the new guy isn't you-know-who, my new policy is "Just be nice, don't be an azzhole.". 
    Things that make me go "Hmmm", most of the posts have been accepting and positive, but still just 2 posts.  

?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is you-know-who?   Voldemort? 

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X-acto Man
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just read that aganorsa is going to be making gurkahs in the near future.  Might legitimately give them a try if that happens....
    Don't look ↑
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    Who is you-know-who?   Voldemort? 
    2nd post
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭