Home General Discussion

Attn Milwaukee area snokers

Acasazza21Acasazza21 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Just a heads up, I decided to check out this shop on my way home from work. It's near my new house and located off 108th and Oklahoma. 

Just stopped in here to see what there selection was like, every single cigar was moldy. Broke my heart to see that they even had high end opus cigars for $25-$30 covered in mold. 

I let the girl in there know, she said she doesn't know how to contact the owner. 

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a case study in bad management. 
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    More money than sense. Figures how difficult is it to mark up tobacco and sell it. Sheesh, any absentee owner can accomplish it. Sad.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Combination snorkel and pipe? Maybe some kind of water pipe apparatus. 
  • Acasazza21Acasazza21 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭
    Lol my bad. Sent from my phone and looks like I fat fingered it
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time, keep going north a few blocks and visit Little Havana on 95th and Greenfield.  Excellent humidor and they have a liquor license.

http://www.havanaloungeandcigar.com/
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a case study in bad management. 
    Or money launderer
    A little dirt never hurt
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we now need a Snokers thread, lol.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    @Acasazza21  What percentage of that store's merchandise is premium cigars? I mean, it's gotta be only a small part of their overall business, right? Otherwise they'll be out of business soon. 

I've seen that most of my local "Beer & Tobacco" stores now have a cabinet humidor to offer premium cigars, but their knowledge of basic cigar storage is suspect. Proper RH is an obvious concern but also I have seen that a few of these cabinets are close enough to the front windows that the cigars are exposed to direct sunlight.  On the other hand, a few of my local liquor stores have nice, walk-in humidors with a decent selection available.   
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Am I the only one who doesn't  know what a snoker is
    Duh, snokers obviously come in to buy all of the "low price igarettes" on sale there!
    Don't look ↑