Home Non Cigar Related

Forum hiccups?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else having problems where the posts end up extremely long, because of page breaks?
Like you have to scroll like a sumbich to get to the bottom, cause of all the line breaks that seem to be triple in width?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen that but I'm seeing that my "new" markers on the threads aren't clearing after I read them. I'm on android mobile using google chrome
    I'm seeing the same thing.

Android Tablet, Chrome

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not all threads though. Just the ones that were started in the last couple days
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm seeing the line breaks zero is talking about too
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I haven't seen that but I'm seeing that my "new" markers on the threads aren't clearing after I read them. I'm on android mobile using google chrome
    Same on iPhone but clears in a couple minutes and/or refresh 
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also pictures are showing up smaller. That parts actually kind of nice.
    Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pictures ending up smaller part is explainable. You can attach a file using the icon on the left which looks like a dog-eared page and it will show up as a thumbnail link, or you can insert an image using the icon below on the right which will embed the image in to the body of the message.

There's a few new threads that are always shown as having new messages and go back to the first message in the thread for me now. This has been happening only recently.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bum pics look like scrambled eggs.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you'll have to post them a dozen at a time.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShawnOL said:
    Then you'll have to post them a dozen at a time.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Right now, the forum seems to have lost it's style (CSS) settings. Earlier, I was not getting the forum to respond with any output at all.The forum's working right now, just without the normal look.

@TheCigarChick
    @timb

edited January 2020
    I get that a lot when my connection is really bad or slow but I haven't seen it at all today
    Don't look ↑
  • TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    @Yakster - Submitting a ticket to IT. I know our internal guys have been working a lot on on CCOM, as we're getting ready to implement a bunch of nice changes to the site soon. The Forum, however, is supported by a third party company/server.

Might be my imagination. Does it look normal to you?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was wack on this end too this afternoon for an hour or so. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed it as well

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iv'e noticed to that clicking/tapping on peoples photos/pics to make them bigger to true resolution/size doesn't work anymore. For me I have to literally zoom in on the posted photo/picture on both my Mac and iPhone. There is no window that opens anymore that makes them bigger with better resolution. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Iv'e noticed to that clicking/tapping on peoples photos/pics to make them bigger to true resolution/size doesn't work anymore. For me I have to literally zoom in on the posted photo/picture on both my Mac and iPhone. There is no window that opens anymore that makes them bigger with better resolution. 
    ^^^What he said.
    It no longer opens a new window, so you can actually see what it is.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I noticed that too. It'd be nice to have that working again.

On my Android phone, I can still long press on a photo then select open image in new tab to see it as before.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re ba-aaaack....  🙄
    @TheCigarChick

Please, PLEASE, do whatever is necessary to bring about the repairs needed to make this fershlugginer forum operate properly. 

There are so many #+¥&/@ bugs in the crappy software that it’s d@mned near impossible to read or to use in any meaningful way and I’m about fed up with it. 

Thank you. 

Rant over. You may now return to your regularly scheduled frustration..... 😡
    @jlmarta - I am loving your use of Yiddish here. A dank. :smile:

I've brought this up many times in meetings, and continue to log tickets with IT when very specific problems arise. I think I've mentioned before we do not run the forum in the sense that it's not on a company server, and it was built by a non-corporate team. This is the source of both of our frustrations. We've also got limited capabilities on the part of our IT Dept, as they're spread pretty thin given CCOM's site redesign, which is why I'm going to try and get the contact info for the forum's build team. No one has provided it to me ever, and it's time I take things into my own hands.
    Thank you very much for however much or little you’re able to accomplish in this regard. It’s greatly appreciated. 

I hate to keep harping on this subject but the frustration persists. It’s gotten so bad that, for me, it’s become a real chore just to visit the forum. 

I’ve been a member here for a number of years and checking in frequently to keep up with the goings-on of the brotherhood and the camaraderie and generosity that pervades this forum has become a part of my psyche. 

And there’s always the fact that, as the senior curmudgeon around here, I have a reputation to maintain. 👴🏻
    edited February 2020
    Man, 8 wonder what's going on because I literally never have any problems with the forum and I am literally on it all the time.
    Don't look ↑
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had problems, either. Have you tried breathing into a paper bag for the hiccups?
    UPDATE: I've been able to procure the contact info for the platform which hosts and manages the forum from an IT/development perspective. I now have a ticket in to speak with someone who's worked the forum before, and should hopefully be hearing back from them before EOD.
    a groysn eyshr khkh  👍
    jlmarta said:
    a groysn eyshr khkh  👍
    nishto far vos  :)
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be having a coughing fit right now.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty, it may be time to re-think how you access the forum.  Toss that iPhone or whatever it is, and pick up a Chromebook or something like that.  There's some hiccups that we all see, but much of the time the rest of us don't suffer from the glitches you do.  Some of your problems might be self-inflicted and avoidable.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis