Home Cigar 101

Real or Fake

2»

Comments

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not casting aspersions, or trying to pass myself off as any kind of expert on Cubans, but they look a little rough.  Like they were never in a cigar mold, which I would think shouldn't be the case for well known name brands like those.  Were someone to offer me those for sale as genuine Cuban cigars, those would be my suspicions.  Of course, I've smoked very few Cuban cigars, and probably half of those were fakes. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Thanks @Amos_Umwhat I tend to agree with you! But the Hoyo tasted like what I remember last time I had one! It’s the thought that counts anyway!
    At least he didn’t buy them from a guy on the beach this year!
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    A gift from my foreman. Real or fake? @miller65rod
    Highly likely those are faked. They look good to me. Low end priced regular productions (mild smokes) without measurements I believe I am close below. The RYJ I know is correct. Smoke them up. The Palmas Extra is probably going to be the best of the bunch.

RYJ Julieta
    Hoyo Palmas Extra - 5 1/2 in??
    Fonseca Delicias - 4 7/8 in??
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    One of the better faked bands I've seen in a long time... People are getting better at this game.  :D Even for the fake cigars one can get at certain LCDH's in specific countries, that wrapper and cap job is no bueno. 

Honestly, it was a gift albeit from someone who may have interesting intentions toward you. (LOL) In all my years of running B&Ms and lounges, people would ask us all the time if something was real or fake, and when it comes down to it, I would give them my opinion but tell them to enjoy the cigar(s). If they smoke well and taste good, then you have a good experience; if you got price gauged by someone seeing you're an easy mark, well that's a different story entirely.  ;)
    Thanks Rodney and Lindsey! Last time he bought some from a guy on the beach! This time was from a shop, I’m sure he didn’t pay a lot for them, and I enjoyed smoking them, and it is the thought that counts anyway!
    @TheCigarChick @miller65rod
  • TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    cbuck said:
    Thanks Rodney and Lindsey! Last time he bought some from a guy on the beach! This time was from a shop, I’m sure he didn’t pay a lot for them, and I enjoyed smoking them, and it is the thought that counts anyway!
    @TheCigarChick @miller65rod
    They always go and sell at the beach... Cracks me up, LOL. You've got the right idea, and that's if you enjoy them and they smoke well, then that's what counts.  I've had some really tasty fakes in the past, and unless Cuba is able to get their act together should the Embargo go away, something tells me we'll all continue smoking some good Faux-hibas.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real...…

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

real or fake

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was definitely a real cigar. I can see the cap and a nice dark oily wrapper. It's also think that I see a chin hair poking out of the side, so it's definitely Cuban.

Don't look ↑
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

that cigar is probably going to taste better than many Cubans I have had in the past.

• cmarc567cmarc567 Posts: 2

I am aware these cigars are counterfeit. The barcode comes up as a habano romeo y juliet which is a much smaller cigar, can anybody tell me what's in the box or if there even cuban.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Not sure anyone can answer that. Maybe cut one open with an Xacto blade and check for hair and other floor sweepings first. See if it's long or short filler. Post pictures.

Or you could just smoke it. Ignorance is bliss, right?

Post edited by Yakster on
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )