Home Non Cigar Related

Banning 6 more countries

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trump administration expands travel ban to include six more countries

Good thing that we don't have physical borders with them, or the democrats would be crying foul and demanding open door policies. As it is, some are coming across the southern right now.

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “JD for border security, all agents caught deporting illegals shall receive boxes of golds for life!”
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are shīthole countries anyways...

Will you be my life coach?
    Get a life first.
    edited February 2020
    Those are shīthole countries anyways...

Shame. Talking about Coronavirus, and your talking about?
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! Lololol.   :D:D:D:D

I didn't know we were talking about coronavirus. I thought we were talking about the president's viewpoint on predominantly non-white countries.... My mistake.
    Don't look ↑
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kuwait a minute!   Who Saddam insane?
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowhere in the OP headline link or following text block of political drivel was corona mentioned. We aren't mind readers. We just saw another new thread from jd and guessed it was political because you're that predictable. Try wowing us with something new sometime
    Okay I just did something I said I would never do, and I read that entire FauxNews article.  The three words that I would use to describe this situation, JD, are: 

You're
    A
    Liar

This article, the actual news itself, and the actual ban have nothing to do with coronavirus whatsoever. The government Representatives interviewed for this piece say that this ban is for immigrant visas only. Nonimmigrant seeking visas are still being granted. If this were in place to prevent the dangers of coronavirus, it would be exactly the opposite. The government officials also say specifically that it is nearly impossible to remove someone once they've received permanent status and this is why the ban is in effect.

so tell me, Mr Political Savant, did you actually read the article and just outright lie, or are you just posting links to click bait bullcråp without reading the content which makes you a shill of the man?

either way, you have egg on your face. 

#truth
    Don't look ↑
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spose it's an easy enough mistake to make. Countries all over are busy banning travel to delay the spread of the virus until a cure or vaccine can be found. Don't need another pandemic like the one in 1918. It's all the news is talking about. Well, that, and impeachment. Last I heard, we not only have travel bans, but we are evacuating people as well.

Mistakes are not lies, Frank. If they were, we'd all be liars. In this all-too-hectic era, none of us are as thorough on every occasion as we ought to be.

You're prolly just not tickled right now that after three years in court Bad Orange Man is finally allowed to keep another campaign promise.

Peace out.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Yep, it was an "error". A news bit sandwiched in between a lot of coronavirus stories and I highlighted the wrong one. And I apologise for the error. But it got 2 people to read. 
    Exactly ^. you tell people that they should be ashamed and to get a life and then lie to them. And then are called out on the line and just call it an honest error.

Maybe JD should change his forum handle to Rachel maddow....
    Don't look ↑
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard that gal admit she was wrong.
    But then, I don't much listen to her.

It's unlike me to try and keep the peace.
    Apparently, I'm not good at it.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited February 2020
    I wish it was but some .......... no your right. Homemade sausage and fresh eggs are more important.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I spoke before he had his edit
    WOW.....What insight....What humanity. STFU.
    jd50ae said:
    I wish it was but some .......... no your right. Homemade sausage and fresh eggs are more important.
    You're right JD, you should change your forum handle to ShooterMcGavin

https://youtu.be/3LAnmnS0-9g
    Don't look ↑
    peter4jc said:
    So that means you agree, yes? 
    Yeah, but he thinks how you did it was wrong
    Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
     ... thinks that those with differing opinions from himself are either evil, stupid, less than him in some way, or don't love their country as much as he does.  don't tell me it's not true either.
    ... it's the same kind of simpleton thinking that feeds racial, sexual, religious, and gay bigotry
    ... it is not the American way and it makes him the opposite of a patriot.

It's the same thinking that has fueled a religious war that has lasted a millennium. 

With these words @VegasFrank has identified what I believe to be the most dangerous social cancer our culture faces, the type of thinking that's destroying America.  This is, in fact, the closing of the American mind. 

It began with a double-edged attack, the Lefts attempt to enforce tolerance, and the Rights attempt to enforce reactionary response to progress, first embodied by William F. Buckley Jr and followed closely by Rush Limbaugh's personal brand of LOUD "conservatism".  A wave of Talking Heads followed, on both sides, and ne'er the twain shall meet.

Just my opinion.  Carry on.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I may have very well been doing this, but don't you dare call me a "left" ...

:D  :p:#B)
    Don't look ↑
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I spoke before he had his edit
    That happens a lot.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...