Home Non Cigar Related

Forum hiccups?

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech Yep works and is here on MBP. iPhone its gone! Pics not showing properly on either of mine, all my updates software are up to date as well.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Text formatting buttons are gone, but you can do bold with a <ctrl> b and italic with a <ctrl>i, not sure how to do underline or strikeout.

Also the HTML mode appears to be inaccessible, but you can paste photos directly into the box without a tool bar now and there's three separate tools for attach, embed (URL links) and image (upload).

I'll have to use this new editor for a bit to know if it's better or not.

Looks like you can secretly edit your posts within the edit window now.

There's also code block and spoiler modes.

Code Block
    10 print "hello"
    20 goto 10

Spoiler: AJ Blends Don't Suck

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I must be in a good mood today because I find this all a bit humorous.

Recognizing that I know nothing about any of this, but based on other forums around, it seems really odd that somebody somewhere is struggling to make this one work well.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "qoute" has got to come back.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

edited February 2020

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So wait... How do you take a screen shot and then post it as a pic? I just tried the old school way that I always have and it wanted to put it as a thumbnail.
    Also I don't have the quote option either.
    edited February 2020

Hmm, desktop mode only on Android, otherwise the Quote option doesn't show up on the mobile browser view :(

Works fine on my Desktop PC.

It would be great to have the Quote feature on the mobile browser view.

What about the picture thing?
    Now it's not even uploading my pictures. It tells me "action not completed because not enough memory"

@Heavysetrapier Are you on an iPhone? If so which model?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    edited February 2020
    Samsung Galaxy S9

I was having 0 problems until the change happened.

Oh damn! So this isn't just an Apple compatibility problem. Hmmm

edited February 2020
    On Android mobile view with the Chrome browser, I can only get thumbnail images attached to my messages like below.

edited February 2020

When I use Desktop, I can insert full-size images, not thumbnails. Hmm.

@Yakster Howd you get it to show up like that vs the other 3 pics in previous post?

edited February 2020

Nevermind Lol just seen the edit

I had to switch to desktop mode on my Chrome browser on my phone to get it to work full-size and use the new modern editor features.

edited February 2020

Let me see if it load a photo properly of my MBP.

Slow as an armadillo crossing the road loading and it loaded it side ways, but looks to have loaded somewhat properly. Just tried to load photos on another thread and it loads them all sideways WTF!!!

edited February 2020
    Loaded off of iPhone using the symbol that looks like a folded paper edge. Edit At least it's not loaded side ways...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Oh, joy. Oh, rupture (no, that isn’t mis-spelled).... 🙄

And ‘quote’ still hasn’t returned. (I’m on an iPhone 7..... )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Quote not visable on Android Chrome mobile.

Quote IS visible on PC Chrome.

And that friggin space between the lines is back when you use the return.

That is annoying!!

Holy crap! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't know what you are doing, don't mess with it. If you've screwed it up beyond your capabilities, call someone who can fix it.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

edited February 2020

@jlmarta an all other iPhone users, you can get the Quote feature back by switching to desktop mode. If you use Safari and upgraded to iOS 13, here's how:

I just tested this on my work iPhone and was able to quote.

If you're not yet upgraded to iOS 13, there should be sites telling how to do this in previous versions.

But a site in desktop mode is not suited to a phone. I went into desktop mode for a second on my phone. It's too much on the screen. You have to zoom in to see what you want to see and then you don't have all of the features at your disposal without scrolling to the right or the left.

I would bet that most people are accessing and posting to the forum from their phones. Switching the forum to be more suited to desktops is not the correct move in my humble opinion.
    Basically I'd be more inclined to just stop posting pictures and quoting people if it requires me to go into desktop mode on my phone.
    edited February 2020

Sure, it's a workaround. I agree.

We should try the site and then decide if the new modern editor is an improvement and should be kept or if we want to go back to the way it was.

The third option would be to configure the modern editor to have the features we want in mobile mode, but I don't know if this can be done.

I never really had any problems with that way it was before. There was a brief period with the weird line breaks and the new tag operating weirdly on new posts, but that got fixed.

Surely there's a way to have a fully functional forum that works in Mobile mode. There's an uncountable amount of them out there.
    The IT person is messing around with stuff as we speak...One of my pics on the band contest just changed from horizontal to vertical lol
    Nice!