Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Narcos? Not Narcos Mexico?
    edited February 2020
    I just watched "The Pharmacist" on Netflix. I'd recommend it. It's about the start of the opioid crisis. It's got some pretty crazy info in it. It was also interesting to me because it took place in this area.

4 1-hour episodes.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narcos starts in Columbia for the first couple seasons then goes to mexico for the last 2. The timeline is concurrent though for the most part as you will see that the Columbians supplied Mexico
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but I really like Mindhunter on Netflix. It is definitely a slow burn and a bit of a brain f*ck, but it is excellent.

How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if I mentioned this one already, "Legit", so funny.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been enjoying The Unit on Prime.
    A little dirt never hurt

Started Altered Carbon on netflix. Weird at first but definitely entertaining

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally committed to watching Money Heist on netflix. The first few episodes took me a bit to get in the groove with the subtitles but now I am enjoying it.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Dude you don't have to watch the subtitles. You can have it all in English.
    If you can stand the English voice actors.

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I started it with English and it was bothering me with the lips not lining up and the voices not going with the story. I had to restart with subtitles.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first season is really good. I'm not sure about this second season.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

funny you mention that cause i started season 2 yesterday and it really couldn't hold my attention.

-- Winston Churchill

El Chapo on Netflix. Pretty good and more accurate then Narcos mexico

-- Winston Churchill

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

ZZ Top documentary on Netflix is really good.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Spencer Confidential is very entertaining.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Witcher! ( maybe I am late to the conversation)
    I have an itch to watch The West Wing again

My Wife has started watching the next season of West World.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    My Wife has started watching the next season of West World.

Looks like this season may be good

Enjoying Deputy on Hulu.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

Babylon Berlin on Netflix was very good.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Ozark season 3 is on. Also started Marvels Iron Fist yesterday which i thought was good amd will resume after Ozark

-- Winston Churchill

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been re-watching Breaking Bad, and now Ozark's back. I'm going to have to lighten up between those two, I think I beat up my pillows while I was asleep the other night.

On a slightly off topic subject; I just spent the last 20 minutes watching and listening to Taj Farrant on You Tube. If you're not familiar, and you like rock guitar, watch this 10 year old perform. I suggest Purple Rain, which brought tears to my eyes, Cliffs of Dover, and his stage performance with Carlos Santana at house of blues. I hooked the PC up to the Fender amp. Rockin'!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Usaf06 said:
    Ozark season 3 is on. Also started Marvels Iron Fist yesterday which i thought was good amd will resume after Ozark

I'm looking forward to doing Ozark season 3.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ozark3 is best taken in small doses, after watching an episode I have to turn it off to process things a bit.

A little dirt never hurt
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free HBO streaming starting tomorrow. Select shows only though, no GOT.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

We watched Locke and Key on Netflix. It was an entertaining comic, but I think it is one of the rare instances where the show is better than the source. It is fun to watch.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...