Home Cigar 101

using Rubbermaid container

Trx680Trx680 Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

I have a few boxes of cigars in my Rubbermaid.
I just kept them in the wooden box they came in and keep the lid open.
You guys keep them in the box or take them out of the box when storing in the Rubbermaid?

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on how many are left in the box.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I keep them in the original box unless I want to make room, then I'll consolidate. But I never leave the lid up, (except on the toilet). I don't understand why the gals can't just look where they're going. Why do they get to blame us for what is clearly their responsibility? If she left the lid up while cleaning it, and my next trip in there was for #2, and I was dumb enough to fall in, that's my problem, but not her fault. (And I'd be very grateful it was clean. Right?)

Anyhoo,..... Rubermaid storage is easy, anything goes, Spanish cedar trays, plastic trays, cigar boxes, Ziploc baggies with the top open. Not too many mistakes you can make, unless you're not using Bovedas.

edited April 2020

There is one mistake I can think of with using empty cigar boxes from your local cigar shop as storage inside a cooler or container or even in a wooden humidor. Don't use ones that were stored in the smoking areas. They will stink up the container with an ashtray type odor.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trx680 Are you going to ask again a year from now?
    https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/899994/storing-cigars-in-a-plastic-tub#latest

@everybodyelse, has the pandemic magically transformed us into a bunch of kind and patient zombies? What happened to all the "use the search" and "use some common sense" replies?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    edited April 2020

@Trx680 said:
    I have a few boxes of cigars in my Rubbermaid.
    I just kept them in the wooden box they came in and keep the lid open.
    You guys keep them in the box or take them out of the box when storing in the Rubbermaid?

Welcome back to the forum. I remember you from a year ago. You said you went to cuba and you said you were planning to buy some cubans. You asked us a bunch of beginner storage questions back then. Fast forward to a year later, and you're asking us beginner storage questions again. That doesn't add up.
    I apologize for being nosey. Call me curious.
    When did you actually start storing cigars?
    Did you buy any Cubans while there?
    And if you did, how have you been storing them?
    I'm guessing that maybe you didn't get any cigars in Cuba, or just a few, and you smoked them and never needed to store any cigars at that time, but now you have bought some RPs and AFs, and now you need to check back in with us to ask us some more questions.
    Did I guess right?

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Will someone with tech skills please fix it so it just posts the gif. PLEASE!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems only fair that if we're expected to leave the toilet seat down for the women when we're done that they raise it for us when they're done. We shouldn't be the only ones that have to touch the toilet seat every time.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Chris!
    The look on the kids face is priceless, it’s me after having green chili and realizing it’s not “done” yet.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

An argument could be made, but I'm not making it, that everyone should pee sitting down.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

@IndustMech said:
    An argument could be made, but I'm not making it, that everyone should pee sitting down.

But how would I know if sitting is better if you don't tell me why? I'm sure men/boys wouldn't piss all over the damn place as easily. I guess that would be one argument for sitting. What else ya got besides that?

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

The corollary, @IndustMech, is that everyone can pee while standing.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    The corollary, @IndustMech, is that everyone can pee while standing.

And if you think us guys sometimes have bad aim,...……..

With storage devices like tupperdors that have a very tight seal, you want to briefly open them up every once in a while. Not an issue with wood humidors and not an issue for most of the regulars on here who are opening their containers weekly anyway.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    It seems only fair that if we're expected to leave the toilet seat down for the women when we're done that they raise it for us when they're done. We shouldn't be the only ones that have to touch the toilet seat every time.

As a nurse who had to share a common bathroom I've made this point a number of times. I never saw any compliance whatsoever. Selective hearing, I guess.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@IndustMech said:

But how would I know if sitting is better if you don't tell me why? I'm sure men/boys wouldn't piss all over the damn place as easily. I guess that would be one argument for sitting. What else ya got besides that?

I said I wasn't making the argument. But the augment I've heard made in the past was that it's cleaner to pee sitting down. Less splash and splatter.

For the record, I'm not a proponent of sitting to pee.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

In truth, I've adhered to Marty's method my entire adult life for exactly the reasons he put forth. I think because I've always had dogs, and I'd prefer to know that there water came from their bowl, not the toilet bowl.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

In addition, there's something that occurs when you flush called microspray that makes it a good idea to have the cover down.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    Personally, I’m all for equality. The seat AND the lid should be left down by everyone. To me, an open toilet is barbaric, crude, pick your own adjective.

As for the equality part, with the lid always down, the next person wanting to use the facility has to lift something before it’s usable. The “weaker sex” only has to lift the lid while the stronger, “manly sex” has to lift both the lid and the seat. Seems fair to me and looks far more civilized..... 😎

I agree with this for your reasons and for another. If you drop something in the bathroom it will end up falling in the toilet at least a third of the time. Also, always keep at least one extra toothbrush on hand.

Yes, we have cabinets mounted above two of our toilets and I always make sure the lid is shut before opening.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like Star Trek. **** Station Alpha, mission to Uranus. Eliminate threats.