Home General Discussion

Inaugural CIGAR.com Event on Facebook Live w/ Alec Bradley

TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
edited April 2020 in General Discussion

Hey all you cool cats & kittens... :D (Sorry, not sorry for the "Tiger King" reference)

While many of us are home and we all love cigars, I thought it might be fun to have an event online featuring top manufacturers. On Weds., April 15th at 11am ET on CIGAR.com's Facebook page, I'll be going live with Alec & Bradley Rubin. It's going to be like a virtual blending seminar with a behind-the-scenes conversation on the boys' work with E.P. Carrillo on The Gatekeeper, what it's like learning from their Dad, and some general cigar fun. It's completely free and you don't need a special link to join.

I hope to see many of your names pop across the screen and don't worry, there will be time carved out for a Q&A, so if you have questions, I'm sure between Alec & Bradley, there will definitely be answers.

And for future Facebook Live events, please let me know who else you want to see me talk to on the internet like a creeper. ;)

--Lindsay

Post edited by TheCigarChick on

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might check this out. I really appreciate the advance notice.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit early for us west coaster. Very few things I get up at 7am 😎

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I don’t do Facebook. You do an IG live and I’m in.

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@deadman I don't know why we're doing something on IG, but I think it's because Facebook Live is easily compatible when you have multiple parties in different locations. I think there is some sort of program I have to download, so let's hope Marketing tells me what that is ahead of time. LOL

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think more than one of us don’t do Farcebook. Plus, I don’t do mornings. Other than that, it sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for your efforts, @TheCigarChick. Hope it goes over well..... 👍

I had a good one tonight, Tempest Natural.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm one of the lucky few who will be driving to work when this kicks off. Plus, Facecrook is banned like asbestos in my world.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
    edited April 2020

I am somewhat amused at the utter hatred for Facebook, yet adoration for Instagram, and FB owns IG...

@TheCigarChick said:
    I am somewhat amused at the utter hatred for Facebook, yet adoration for Instagram, and FB owns IG...

It's kinda like the utter hatred for the collections department of a hospital, yet adoration for the doctors and nurses when they work for the same hospital.

Does it make it any better that in May I'll have Steve Saka? C'mon, you know you guys love you some Saka! :D

Take into account time zones please... A couple of us are 4 hours behind you.

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will see if I'm awake by then, sounds fun.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a FB account, just for these purposes. My real, legal name is of course Brian K-Dog. Duh.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that's right it won't say bigfoot when I get on, Paul McGahey

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be watching 👍🏻

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Take into account time zones please... A couple of us are 4 hours behind you.

I understand the issue, but the other issue on our end is that basically everyone who owns a brand in this industry is currently at their US home, and 99% of those folks are on the east coast. Our Marketing Dept also wanted this to be during the day since so many folks are home, and if we did this in the evening, there are more logistical issues with staffing being on-call, and potential loss of viewership as we're not trying to ruin anyone's family dinner.

Do some of you guys really want to upset your wives by choosing a V-Herf over family dinner? :D

LOL The advantage of being single! Perhaps archive them somehow? That would give those of us who can't be there the chance to see the festivities.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll try to tune in

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    LOL The advantage of being single! Perhaps archive them somehow? That would give those of us who can't be there the chance to see the festivities.

+1 for the archive. I'll be working.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

+1 for the archive. I'll be working.

+2 for the archive. That way, the rest of you can tell me if it's worth watching or not before I spend all that time.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen fb live videos on my feed after they've ended. Not sure if there's something @TheCigarChick needs to do on her end or not, but it is possible.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look ↑