Home General Discussion

OGs

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

So let’s see who’s a real OG. What was this forum before it was CCom? And bonus points, anyone who was actually a member back then?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

yup. I remember.
    But I'm like the 16th member to join THIS forum.

I'll hold back

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m 4 years behind y’all

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

I came over from the old forum, you did too right Kuz? Didn’t we have to reregister or reactivate or something? Bc I show May 2008 as my join.

@Vision said:
    I’m 4 years behind y’all

Still lurking and scaring off all the decent folk?

I've been on 3 different iterations of the ccom forum.
    I'm an old fart. Here when the forum was in HTML, and the forum when it wasn't hosted by ccom themselves.

@kuzi16 said:
    I've been on 3 different iterations of the ccom forum.
    I'm an old fart. Here when the forum was in HTML, and the forum when it wasn't hosted by ccom themselves.

Dude the HTML days when we wanted quote someone we had to basically write code 🤣

And seriously what happened to Svenson?

No clue. He and I lost touch a long time ago.

Yea. He changed his cell, doesn’t have LinkedIn. I seriously wonder if he’s alive. Last I heard he was doing a little consulting but nothing in at least 3 years.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kuzi16 said:
    No clue. He and I lost touch a long time ago.

Good to see ya around Kuzi

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@madurofan said:

@Vision said:
    I’m 4 years behind y’all

Still lurking and scaring off all the decent folk?

Decent it’s subjective😛

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

The html forum was fun.
    AND you could edit your post 3 months later. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t remember all the details but I followed @Kuzi over here from a forum that also had to do with guns and firearms and such as well as cigars. I don’t remember the forum name but you probably will, Kuzi.

I do remember.
    I'll spill the beans if nobody has guesses

Haha.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, it’s great to see you back, @Kuzi.... 👍

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome home @madurofan !!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭

ive been around for a while as well, maybe not as long as you guys have, but do remember at least 2 formats of this forum. I still have some of the OG forum blend!

As regard to Svenson, he is well and working with scandanavian tob. We talk periodically and play catch up. Hope you guys are well!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be missing out as we've started a fire pit Friday tradition as a family to give us something to look forward to in these trying times.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Trident said:
    ive been around for a while as well, maybe not as long as you guys have, but do remember at least 2 formats of this forum. I still have some of the OG forum blend!

As regard to Svenson, he is well and working with scandanavian tob. We talk periodically and play catch up. Hope you guys are well!

Trident I definitely remember you man. Glad to see some of the old guys are still around. I didn’t mean to turn this into a **** measuring contest. I was gonna throw a bomb to anyone who remembered the original forum.

Man glad to hear Svenson is well. What’s he doing with Scandinavian? Always a good dude.

Thanks for the kind words.

The original cigar.com forum was hosted by AmBack it was a forum that I dont think even exists. Stood for "American backyard" and was an outdoorsman forum. Ccom partnered with them for a forum section but eventually made it on their own with the html version.

The reviews were pretty difficult near the end. So much time and effort put into each review, it just started to feel like work. Just burned myself out.
    Lots of good learning though.

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you guys are all doing well

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such a great wealth of knowledge from you "Ancient Ones" I know I appreciate it.

@ForMud Haha. Thanks man. The level of knowledge on this forum has grown every time I’ve popped in. I remember a time when Kuzi was the only person I knew who’d been to a cigar factory. I’m sure a bunch of you have by now!

@kuzi16 well my intention was to send a little something to the first person to recall AMBACK, so is your address the same?

I don’t think I ever posted there, maybe once or twice. But I started there then moved here. I don’t even recall how the transition even worked.