Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BKDog said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Took up West World the other day. 2nd time trying it. First time didnt last an episode. But I'm on 9 now and hooked.

Season 1 is pretty good, I couldn't get into the second season for some reason.

Not enough naked Thandie Newton?

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@BKDog said:

@Usaf06 said:
    Took up West World the other day. 2nd time trying it. First time didnt last an episode. But I'm on 9 now and hooked.

Season 1 is pretty good, I couldn't get into the second season for some reason.

Not enough naked Thandie Newton?

I'm thinking there's not enough T&A for sure, but the story seems to be disjointed now.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on episode 4 of season 2 and I'm leaning that way too BK

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I watched "TrickyDick and The Man in Black" last night. Pretty good documentary, lots of footage of Nixon & Cash from the 60's.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to a friend I found out you can watch 45 seasons of Austin City Limits on the PBS app.

season 2 of westworld got better but left me confused AF. Season 3 got turned off in the middle of the first episode. Im done

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

I find that more and more I am unable to get back into a show I had to wait too long for. I enjoyed Westworld, but I watched the first 2 seasons in a row. It's now been 2 years and it would take so long to rewatch that I'm sure the show is just dead to me. The Oreville keeps getting pushed back, and I'm wondering if I will even care about it anymore when it finally comes out.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

watched Zero Zero Zero on Prime and enjoyed it. Its another Mexico drug based crime drama

-- Winston Churchill

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jerry Seinfeld 23 Hours to Kill on Netflix.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terriers on Hulu

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

My inner geek surfaced while scrolling Prime tonight.
    Salt Tears of the Earth
    Triumph of the Tomato
    Amazing Plants ( The wild tobacco plant by itself is worth the watch)
    All under an hour each and I found them fascinating.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • N0tRichardN0tRichard Posts: 103 ✭✭✭✭

Amazon:
    Series

• The Mentalist (con-man turned detective in order to find the serial killer who murdered his wife and daughter)
    • House of Lies
    • Parks and Recreation
    • Luther

Movies

• Clue (like the board game, starring the amazing Tim Curry)
    • Knives Out
    • The Firm
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

The Old Guard on Netflix was good

I enjoyed the movie Palm Springs, but spent the first half waiting for it to distinguish itself from another movie it strongly reminded me of. It eventually did.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really liked Sherlock on Netflix. Not a huge fan of the actor, but Sherlock is supposed to be a d*** right! Also loved Lost in Space. Mars is awesome!

Prime - The Boys was ok, entertaining but not great. Love Jack Ryan. The Expanse was ok

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked the expanse, heard season five is about to drop.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I liked the expanse, heard season five is about to drop.

I liked it also. Books are good too but typically 700 plus pages.

Season 2 of Hanna is good.
    Season 2 of umbrella academy is supposed to be released on the 31st and season 5 of Lucifer is coming next month

GBPJ: Gary Busey Pet Judge on Prime. It's the wisest, stupidist thing I've seen in a long time if you can get past the closing interview with Ian Abramson which goes too far.

This might appeal to fans of Angie Tribeca, though I'm not a fan of that show, but you may get the idea after watching this show.

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vote up : The Boys, and old Guard
    Adding : Warrior Nun

Old movie you may have passed up on : Man From Nowhere (Korean)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just finished watching all three seasons of Borgias. It was really good but it was originally set four seasons but decided against season four. It just kind of dropped off at the end of season three and left you hanging.

Watched the 3rd season of "Norsemen". I'd seen the first two, and initially was confused, finally realized Season 3 is basically a prequel. The humor is subtle, obscure, Nordic, something like British humor, but drier if that's possible. I liked it. May not be for everyone.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try the Last Nation. It's another Norse epic and is very interesting.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started Norsemen last night based on your comments, Steve. Still don't know what to make of it, but will keep at it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:
    Started Norsemen last night based on your comments, Steve. Still don't know what to make of it, but will keep at it.

It's quirky, for sure. Took me a couple episodes to get into it.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

What service is MASH on? Seems to have disappeared from lots of the syndicate stations that used to show it regularly.

edited August 2020

I see it advertised on MeTV when I'm watching Colombo episodes. I think it's targeted to Boomers.

@TBonz said:
    What service is MASH on? Seems to have disappeared from lots of the syndicate stations that used to show it regularly.

You can watch it on Hulu.

@Tiwi said:
    I really like Ozark, Money Heist and Peaky Blinders.
    These are my favorites. Great actors, catchy plot and wonderful music.

All 3 are great

-- Winston Churchill

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tiwi said:
    I really like Ozark, Money Heist and Peaky Blinders.
    These are my favorites. Great actors, catchy plot and wonderful music.

My wife I recently watched Money Heist and were entertained. The dialogue and translation were pathetic, but that made it kind of funny. But entertaining show overall