Home Non Cigar Related

Hows your Weather?

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was lovely! Only got up to 85F, with 50% humidity.

Much better than the 98F with 99% humidity we've been having.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I was mowing the yard and out of no where the sky got very dark to the North. I kept push mowing, should have put everything up while I had the chance...The wind started to whip up and spit rain some and I kept mowing, thought it would just blow over. Well everything went still and then a huge microburst came blowing leafs, branches, snapping some neighbors tree limbs, then the finishing blow was heavy rain blowing at least 50+ mph.

All the equipment was soaked but I got it in the barn and I looked and felt as if I just came out of a swimming pool when came back into the house. It's 75 out right now might be in the 60's in the Morning, this is crazy!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TBonz said:

The above seems to be how the Weather Channel is pronouncing it. I would prefer if they pronounced it a Former Storm and it just wandered out to sea. Unfortunately it looks like it will pay us a visit before it travels north to Edward. The current projected path would put the eye passing within 30 miles of our house on the coast. The eye would be west of us which means less storm surge but more wind and rain. We are definitely keeping an eye on Isaias and will probably be heading down this weekend to secure things as best we can.

After the craziness of 2020 along with Florence in 2018 and Dorian in 2019 I was hoping to at least avoid a storm this year.

Stay safe. Were a little more inland and should get heavy rains.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please weather people, please keep using too hard to pronounce names for storms. If it makes just one foreigner happy it's worth all the aggravation.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here comes Isaias. Looks like everyone along the coast is going to get a taste. We put things away and got everything organized as best we could at the coast and we done about the same thing here. I guess we're about as ready as we can get. The Raleigh area where we live is getting more of the rain and the coast is getting more of the wind. Hoping for no down trees at either location! At least we don't have to worry about storm surge!

Hope everyone in his path stays safe!

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 degrees tonight in the mountains. We are going to be spared the rough weather from this storm. I hope all stay safe.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to radar, it might get a little humid this morning:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    BTW, I didn't know there had been a tornado hit this far west, but @jd50ae 's town had damage as well. I should have figured, since they always get hit over there. It's like the tornado jumps the Mississippi River and lands right there.

Its getting so I don't even check the weather, I look at "Doppler" radar and hope for the best.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very thankful this is all I had to clean up so far! Hope everyone is ok! We're one of the only houses around still with power.

In more fun news, even Isaias hates the Patriots

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Iseais has no rings.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a drop in temp after the Hurricane. Felt nice here and didn’t get any wind either. @TBonz how did you Fair.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Air clearer and cooler than it has been in ages. Rode to the Y to play handball. 72 degrees. The gal behind the desk shot my forehead temp with her paranoia gauge... 81 degrees. She looked all wide-eyed and what to do.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

We survived on both ends. At the coast they had lots of wind and we have a couple of trees into the garage / Mother-In-Law suite. They do not appear to have penetrated the house, but we won't know the full damage until after they are out of the way and I can get a roofer in there. We spent the last two days heading down there, opening a claim and getting a tree removal estimate. Now back in Clayton waiting to hear from the adjuster so I can get the tree removal on their schedule. No real damage here, just a whole bunch of rain overnight. Hoping that is the worst storm of the season and everyone survived with little or no damage!

Earthquake! I was up in my studio this AM and just finished a lancero when the windows started rattling. I thought it was a heavy truck going up our little road. It got louder and I could feel the concrete section of my studio floor vibrating. It stopped and I grabbed my stick and set out on my morning walk.
    5.1 quake in Sparta NC about 70 miles away.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

My WTF, didn't know you had earthquakes in NC

Some in Charlotte claim to have felt it. I didn’t.

@TheKraken said:

On occasions but nothing major.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

We did fine during the hurricane and we are too far east to be affected by last night's earth quake.

I sure hope it stays that way. New respect for the BOTL that live around faults. Forgot to mention it was 52 degrees overnight here in the mountains.

@deadman said:

@TheKraken said:

On occasions but nothing major.

I didn't feel the quake this weekend. My wife was in the garage and said she didn't understand why the garage door rattled. Several years ago there was one in (roughly) central VA. I was at work and we all felt it...first thought was an attack (very close to the Pentagon) and then earth quake. Very glad I don't have to deal with them normally.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope the derecho hasn't hit you too hard, mid-westerners. Lots of power outages and downed trees. You OK, @peter4jc, others?

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Hope the derecho hasn't hit you too hard, mid-westerners. Lots of power outages and downed trees. You OK, @peter4jc, others?

Internet's been out since noon but otherwise we're good in my area of eastern Iowa.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

No derecho here - it went south. No big winds, and sadly only .10 inch of rain.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

1 1/2 " of rain over the weekend. Supposed to rain every day this week.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Power has been out at work since 3:38pm yesterday.
    Getting paid to wait.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish I had a smoke...

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    Wish I had a smoke...

Sounds like your running low?

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@genareddog said:

@IndustMech said:
    Wish I had a smoke...

Sounds like your running low?

I was at work, where I usually don't have a chance to have a smoke, so I don't have cigars on hand - at work.

I'm home now, Larry, where I have a plethora of smokes to choose from. Thank you for your concern.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was supposed to work extra tonight but I still have no internet. Wish I could charge the internet provider the money I’m missing out on.