Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only seen Ozark and really enjoyed it, especially the end of the last season. I'll have to check out the other two.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:

@Tiwi said:
    I really like Ozark, Money Heist and Peaky Blinders.
    These are my favorites. Great actors, catchy plot and wonderful music.

My wife I recently watched Money Heist and were entertained. The dialogue and translation were pathetic, but that made it kind of funny. But entertaining show overall

you have to watch it with the subtitles.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@TheKraken said:

@Tiwi said:

My wife I recently watched Money Heist and were entertained. The dialogue and translation were pathetic, but that made it kind of funny. But entertaining show overall

Agreed

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

The new-ish series White Lines is from the same guy that did Money Heist. It's good too.

I'm 4 episodes into The Umbrella Academy, and liking it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@EgoBoundary said:
    Vote up : The Boys, and old Guard
    Adding : Warrior Nun

Old movie you may have passed up on : Man From Nowhere (Korean)

I just started Warrior Nun before I came to the boat. Seemed pretty good.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@avengethis said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TheKraken said:

@Tiwi said:

Agreed

It was weird for us because we did, but the dialogue and the subtitles were very different quite often. I've never seen that before. If I remember correctly, the differences were often around cursing, which I guess makes sense.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@YankeeMan said:
    I've only seen Ozark and really enjoyed it, especially the end of the last season. I'll have to check out the other two.

I liked Ozark, and yeah, the end of the last season was jaw dropping! I haven't seen Money Heist, and really enjoyed Peaky Blinders although it took close listening until you adjust to the accent. Interestingly, based on a true story.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    The new-ish series White Lines is from the same guy that did Money Heist. It's good too.

I'm 4 episodes into The Umbrella Academy, and liking it.

I liked Umbrella Academy. My son has watched season 2 but I’ve been binging Sherlock and haven’t got to it yet

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

One Piece is being binge watched here. I catch some episodes but don't mind if I miss some.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Watching Cool Hand Luke on DVD since the fiddlesticking Internet is still out.

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Watching Cool Hand Luke on DVD since the fiddlesticking Internet is still out.

Great movie!

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Watched Ford vs Ferrari last night.
    Not really a huge fan of Matt Damon and Christian Bale, but it was quite good.

I saw it in one of those fancy theaters where the seats rumble and rock with the action. Kept finding myself holding my breath and trying to fasten my seatbelt, lol.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

I saw it in one of those fancy theaters where the seats rumble and rock with the action. Kept finding myself holding my breath and trying to fasten my seatbelt, lol.

That sounds like it would have been a great experience.

I like historical movies like that, where it was part of an era I grew up in.
    Miles was a little early in my years to remember, but Shelby and the GT wins at Daytona and Lemans was not.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, when Ford V Ferrari came out, I bought it on Amazon digital. Awesome movie, and very much like the actual history, too. It's not some dramatized and faked rendition of events with fictional dialogue. Such a fantastic movie.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."

Counterpart on Amazon Prime. Complex plot about two overlapping universes in Berlin. It's great.

edited November 2020

Absentia on Prime is very good.

Barbarians on Netflix is pretty good, and it's only 6 episodes, which I like sometimes instead of getting wrapped up too long. ('Cuz I have places to be and people to see, dontcha know).

The Plot Against The President on Prime is great, but it's not free. Highly recommended.

@peter4jc said:
    Absentia on Prime is very good.

I watch it only for Stana Katic.

Sweet Home on Netflix, South Korean Zombie series, available dubbed into English, very good writing, I like it and I got tired of Walking Dead pretty easily.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@0patience said:

That sounds like it would have been a great experience.

I like historical movies like that, where it was part of an era I grew up in.
    Miles was a little early in my years to remember, but Shelby and the GT wins at Daytona and Lemans was not.

I didn't expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did. I followed it up with The World's Fastest Indian, and that was great as well.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

New episodes of the expanse are supposed to be out on prime now.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    New episodes of the expanse are supposed to be out on prime now.

I follow Frankie Adams on IG cause she’s just hot. She could probably beat my ass, but still hot.

She’s been saying for months that it would release before Christmas

Purchased How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) to watch today on Prime.

It came with a couple of extra features, including the drug addled vision of Dr. Seuss, Halloween Is Grinch Night (1977), prequel of How The Grinch Stole Christmas, which won the 1978 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children's Program.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Last Narc on Prime. If you watched Narcos Mexico, it is about the kidnapping of Kiki Camarena and ties to the Contra hearings. I might have to go back and watch Narcos again

Pretend it's a City, a 7 part series where Martin Scorsese interviews Fran Lebowitz. Fran is quite the codger, or codgeress.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just finished binge watching the last two seasons of "Glitch."

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just started Knightfall and its pretty good