Home General Discussion
Options

Post Smoke Routine

Hey all just curious to see what everyone does to get rid of the smell/taste/feel of cigars after smoking a stick or two..

Usually my routine goes like this: after smoking I usually brush my teeth a few times, rinse with mouthwash, spray deodorant or take a shower

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Usually a glass of milk and some minty cookies.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    To get the taste of one cigar out of my mouth I settle down and smoke another. :)
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    urbino:

seriously urbi? that works?
  • Options
    Works for me. YMMV, of course.
  • Options
    YMMV?
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    YMMV?
    "Your mileage may vary", in other words, your results may be different.

When I really want to get rid of it, I brush my teeth vigorously, take a shower, wash my face (the smell sticks to my beard quite thoroughly), spray some cologne, and put on fresh clothes. It's complicated, but necessary when your woman hates the smell.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Your Mileage May Vary (damn you Hays!!!!). Milk is a good palate cleanser, as are cheese and bread.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Your Mileage May Vary (damn you Hays!!!!). Milk is a good palate cleanser, as are cheese and bread.
    Hah! You're not allowed to damn me - I PIF'd you a GoF! Lol... I love cheese, and sharp cheese is indeed a great palate cleanser, in my experience.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Hays:
    I PIF'd you a GoF! Lol...
    You know that new "bomb game" that's getting talked about......? :)
  • Options
    During the week all of my smoking is at night so I usually take a shower and brush my teeth. That does the trick.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    If i'm at a party or somewhere ill not want to smell like smoke after, I just bring a hoodie or jacket that I can take off. That way you just have to take it off, eat something, and wash your face and you're good!
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I tend to smoke at night so as for now I just wear different clothing when I go out. I have a designated "smoking hoodie". And of course I brush my teeth. But I just shower in the morning and go on my way.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I do most of my smoking during the day so I take care of it with a routine daily cleansing.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I just bask in the heavenly glory!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    illinoisgolf99:
    YMMV?

When I really want to get rid of it, I brush my teeth vigorously, take a shower, wash my face (the smell sticks to my beard quite thoroughly), spray some cologne, and put on fresh clothes. It's complicated, but necessary when your woman hates the smell.
    aint that the truth

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I have a smoking ensemble...a pair of warm ups made out of that silky looking material--doesn't hold the odor like cotton and a hoodie...usually I wear a silk beanie under the hoodie to keep the odor out of my hair. These are all removed when I come back into the house. Then most times a shower and brush my teeth..followed by a tall glass of Schweppes Bitter Lemon drink. Very refreshing and helps with the breath.
  • Options
    BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    My post smoke routine is rather enjoyable to me. I have a set of clothes I wear to smoke in, including a coat. Those are removed and put in the same area where I stash my cigars. Then it's off to a long shower followed by a shave (smells stick to hair like glue), a fresh set of clothes, and cologne. Afterwards, it's either a cup of coffee, a bourbon, or a beer and cheese pairing (love IPA's and an aged cheddar [Keen's Cheddar is phenomenal]). After that, I brush my teeth.

It's a bit long, but as Hays said, when the Mrs. hates the smell, you do what ya gotta do. But even if she didn't hate it, I rather enjoy my routine and would probably do it this way anyhow.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I wear a hoodie and hat dedicated for this purpose. I smoke in the garage with the door open and the heater on. After smoking I take off the hoodie and hat and wash my hands and face and either eat or brush my teeth. I always smoke before bed so I will always end up brushing at some point.
  • Options
    Hugemoose:
    I tend to smoke at night so as for now I just wear different clothing when I go out.
    Ditto. I've got a cold weather ahnsahmbluh, and a warm weather ahnsahmbluh.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    R U guys kiding? Really? I love the aftertaste of a good cigar. I never want it to go away. That said, I don't like stale smoke on my clothing. Therefore, I change my clothing (if I need to go out or something).
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Man, if we could find a way to make all the beautiful ladies in the world to totally dig us smelling like cigars, I would gladly keep that aftertaste. But alas, we live in an imperfect world :-(
  • Options
    pnaylon:
    Man, if we could find a way to make all the beautiful ladies in the world to totally dig us smelling like cigars, I would gladly keep that aftertaste. But alas, we live in an imperfect world :-(

amen brother.. my gf has a very sensitive sense of smell and cant stand the smell of cigars
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    That's a good idea might have to do that. And an excuse for mint cookies!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Hays:
    illinoisgolf99:
    YMMV?

aint that the truth
    I wonder if our very own TIM has any ideas on this "smoke stuck to beard" thing....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    Bingo, feebs.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the smell, but if someone around me will or does than I will change shirts and usually febreeze (that stuff really effing works)

As for my stank breath I usually eat something either just as stanky but more pleasing to the masses (I.e. Some Dorito's or Cheese or the like) OR I'll eat something that is scratchy like Chips or Cereal (Makes me feel like I'm scratching the stink away)

OR I'll get scientific like Kuzi taught me and eat something that is a BASE alkaloid (or something like that) like milk....

Or I just use Massengill....
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    urbino:
    Watch out for those recalled Girl Scout Cookies...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I don't mind the smell, but if someone around me will or does than I will change shirts and usually febreeze (that stuff really effing works)

As for my stank breath I usually eat something either just as stanky but more pleasing to the masses (I.e. Some Dorito's or Cheese or the like) OR I'll eat something that is scratchy like Chips or Cereal (Makes me feel like I'm scratching the stink away)

OR I'll get scientific like Kuzi taught me and eat something that is a BASE alkaloid (or something like that) like milk....

Or I just use Massengill....
    You are on a roll today Lassie, although I rarely see Massengill used north of the equator.
  • Options
    bushwoodbushwood Posts: 31
    clearlysuspect:
    I do the same! Incidentally, those smoking jackets you always see rich guys wearing in old black and white movies were just that - jackets they wore while smoking a cigar, so as not to get their other duds smelly. Just a bit of trivia for the boys...
  • Options
    bushwood:
    clearlysuspect:
    I do the same! Incidentally, those smoking jackets you always see rich guys wearing in old black and white movies were just that - jackets they wore while smoking a cigar, so as not to get their other duds smelly. Just a bit of trivia for the boys...
    Yes indeed... the real ones were made out of silk, which is pretty successful at not retaining odor. They became popular because it was thought that women were very 'sensitive' to the odor of smoke - whodathunk? Unfortunately, to get a legitimate one these days generally requires going to a very upscale men's clothier, and it's just prohibitively expensive. I've been shopping for one for over a year, and it just ain't happenin for me...