Home Pipes

Meerschaum Contest

2»

Comments

• 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE:

Was taking the 3rd load down last Saturday but plans changed. We ended up moving everything out due to security issues his mom had. I'm not paying for any of this so I'm just the manual labor here. The dad comes from money and I don't understand that lilfestyle so I keep my mouth shut.

They found another apartment and are heading down today to sign the lease.

They think they can move in this Thursday, we'll see. Keep in mind that doesn't mean he will be actually staying this week. It could be after T-day or even Christmas.

I'll update each week until the date he is staying down there.

Isn't this contest fun!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you're having the most "fun"

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Diver43 11/30
    @BKDog 12/11
    @Yakster 12/15 3:00
    @Shaner9er 12/15 6:15
    @d_blades 1/2
    @webmost 1/3
    @Wylaff 1/4
    @IndustMech 1/8
    @rsherman24 1/12
    @NorCalR1 1/18

Weekly Update;

Step-son and Mom spent 3 days in Savannah setting up the apartment last week. Both are back home so no winner yet.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that Mom's Thanksgiving dinner is done, it's time for a packed cooler and road trip

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Well, looks like I am out. Good luck to the those still in the running

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

@Diver43 , you are still in the running. If the move in date is Dec 5th or earlier you are the closest to the date. On Dec 6th @BKDog takes the lead.

My apologies for the delay, my wife surprised me and decided to have T-day in the mountains. My daughters came and also surprised me with news that my oldest is pregnant. It was so good to have my whole family in the same time for a whole week. Lots of trail hiking, poker playing, and cigar smoking. My youngest daughter tried scotch for the first time and liked it, that surprised me. This will be my 1st grandbaby so in 2021 I will have a grandbaby and the wedding of my youngest daughters (the scotch lover). That year will be much better than 2020. That was the first full week of vacation I've had all year.

Now for the Update:

He is mostly set up in the apartment, enough to start living there, but still at home. Thanksgiving kept him here last week. I still don't know what his plans are. I know when I was that age I couldn't wait to be on my own.

Best of Luck!

Mark

Congratulations on the Grandbaby
    Neither of ours have blessed us with one yet

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Mark, let's hope we all have a better 2021!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )