Home Non Cigar Related

helping folks during the holidays.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

If any of you are in the position, you might consider donating to some of the places, like Safeway has donation things, Head Start schools, local food banks.

Especially this year. Families need it more than ever, beings half the people aren't working.

I was just informed by the boss lady that we bought "several" turkeys to donate to some of the parents at her school.
Ok, how many is several?

The grocer won't tell me, cause the boss lady told him not to.
So that means I probably won't like the answer.

She's happy, I'm happy.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Wife was talking about this, we might give through loavesfishes.com.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have donated more than ever and helped out at a food giveaway.
    There are so many people that need assistance, but in all honesty 9 months into this and people are driving up to food giveaways in BMWs, Mercedes Benzes, Land Rovers and other high end leased cars. Laws have been made for people to opt out of leases without penalty. If your out of work get rid of the highend car and get a hooptie car until you go back to work.

We will still continue to assist when we can especially the toys for kinds

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    We have donated more than ever and helped out at a food giveaway.
    There are so many people that need assistance, but in all honesty 9 months into this and people are driving up to food giveaways in BMWs, Mercedes Benzes, Land Rovers and other high end leased cars. Laws have been made for people to opt out of leases without penalty. If your out of work get rid of the highend car and get a hooptie car until you go back to work.

We will still continue to assist when we can especially the toys for kinds

One of the things about the way the boss lady did it, is she knows these families.
    She feeds their children at school (Head Start). So she knows what they drive, she knows if they are working and she knows how they are doing financially.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

We bought Christmas gifts through Salvation Army last weekend.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your donations guys!

Please post in my contest if you have donated. I know you’re all doing it out of the kindness of your heart but I would love too have you guys in the contest.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision
    I would, but I have a packed tower and I don't need to win anything.
    As messed up as this year has been, I have a tremendous amount to be thankful for.
    Because of my work, being essential and working a little more than I normally would, my family and I will not lack for much this Christmas and I would feel better if my drawing went to someone else.
    I appreciate what you are doing.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

@0patience said:
    @Vision
    As messed up as this year has been, I have a tremendous amount to be thankful for.
    Because of my work, being essential and working a little more than I normally would, my family and I will not lack for much this Christmas and I would feel better if my drawing went to someone else.

The Frank Rule says if you win you can pick someone else on the list to receive the winnings.... just saying 😉

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@0patience said:
    @Vision

The Frank Rule says if you win you can pick someone else on the list to receive the winnings.... just saying 😉

So what your saying is if I win I can have you bomb Tony...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank rule? Ok, but only David's interpretation of it!

Don't look ↑