Home Cigar 101

Out of Room- More Cigars on the way...

hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys- I’ve participated as much as possible over the last several months of my cigar journey. I have a problem- and that problem is I can’t stop buying cigars. I now own three Boveda acrylic humidors each with a Boveda Butler and they are STUFFED full of cigars. I have two LFD sampler packs (10 cigars) arriving tomorrow. I’m assuming they will be in cigar boxes with an outside plastic wrapper (but maybe not?). What do you guys do with your “overflow” cigars? Should I leave them wrapped in the boxes they arrive in and put them in a drawer or remove them from the boxes and place them in a ziplock bag with a couple Boveda packs? I never dreamed I’d be in this situation but alas- here I am.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ziploc with Boveda for emergency storage. Time to get a cooler or raid the tupperware cupboard.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Second Wineador for boxes and lots of Rubbermaid Brilliance!

• hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. Since it’s only 10 sticks I’ll take the ziplock and Boveda route until I can smoke through space in my humidors. If the boxes fit in gallon size ziplocks I can go that route too with Bovedas.

And then coolers......

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send bombs.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Send bombs.

I have no idea what that means- but had I known that I would get this deep into cigars I should have just bit the bullet and bought the largest humidor I could afford. I figured one small Boveda acrylic humidor would be fine- boy was I wrong!!

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hoghunter said:

@peter4jc said:
    Send bombs.

I have no idea what that means- but had I known that I would get this deep into cigars I should have just bit the bullet and bought the largest humidor I could afford. I figured one small Boveda acrylic humidor would be fine- boy was I wrong!!

Sometimes I think I prefer purchasing to smoking....

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get a 48 quart cooler at Walmart for like $15. I used it until I had to get a bigger Coleman

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go out and find a six foot tall 180 bottle wine cooler and a twenty pound bag of kitty litter ........It helped me with overflow.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or just take the spare room, a little plastic, some cedar planking, good lighting, a dab or 6 dozen of caulk and your problem changes from storage to supply.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cooler, cooler , and when it gets bad... another cooler

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Case elegance glass top is good, I hear

Don't look ↑
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coolers and it's amazing how much storage 20 gallon ZipLocks with Boveda's will give you. Trust me I know :D

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.

@TX98Z28 said:
    Coolers and it's amazing how much storage 20 gallon ZipLocks with Boveda's will give you. Trust me I know :D

That's some big zip-locks...

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@TX98Z28 said:

That's what she said...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@d_blades said:

@TX98Z28 said:
    Coolers and it's amazing how much storage, 20 1-gallon ZipLocks with Boveda's will give you. Trust me I know :D

There, fixed it but seriously you can store 20-30 cigars per bag, so thats 400-600 worth of cigar storage capacity, until another cooler or humidor setup is ready to move them too.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

I think that Harrison sent Dave on a wild goose chase for the coveted 20 gallon Ziploc bag instead of a box of 20 one gallon Ziploc bags....

Don't look ↑
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank just gets those snack sized ones. Most of his sticks aren't around long enough to bag up.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...

I’m now using ziplock bags.... spent spent spent over the holidays.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I like to use the ziploc bags they ship couches in.

King sized mattress ziplock bags work well too.....Just get kinda lumpy to sleep on stuffed full of cigars.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, my standard advice. Get a bigger humidor and a second job!

Smoke more

• raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn Cigar.com Sprint sales...! Having the same delima... Ugh

Things are about to get interesting...

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@raidermike said:
    Damn Cigar.com Sprint sales...! Having the same delima... Ugh

@raidermike Welcome to the forum Mike. I am a big fan of the Coleman Xtreme line if coolers that many of us here on the forum use for storage. And it's super easy. Just load them up with some Boveda packets and you're done. They have all different sizes if you want to start small or go big either way.

• raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken

A week ago I got a 13qt. Engel dry box/cooler. After this past weeked, I'm forced to start using my 26qt. Snowball rotomolded cooler as well... I'm expecting over 140 cigars to arrive today!

Thus far I have:
    5 acrylic clasps tops = 50-60 capacity (all full)
    1 flip top humidor = 10-15 capacity (this was my first humidor....what was I thinking?)
    1 Apache 1800 dry case = 30 capacity (2/3 full)
    1 travel case/humidor = 4-6 capacity (full)
    1 13qt (not sure what this'll hold yet)
    1 26qt (not sure what this'll hold yet)

Hopefully I can pull back on the reins and not need more coolers (soon)! Haha

How many Boveda packs do you think I'll need in the 25qt coolidor? Thanks!

Things are about to get interesting...

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

@raidermike said:

How many Boveda packs do you think I'll need in the 25qt coolidor? Thanks!

I would advise 5 or 6 minimum, 60 gram size packets. And I would advise you buy a dozen because they're cheaper by the dozen. And eventually you'll need them anyway. Amazon sells a dozen for $43 bucks, and some auction sites you can get a dozen for a lot less, and that's a great option if you're already bidding on cigars anyway because some of them combine shipping charges.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

The title of this thread sounds like most of the guys here.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.