Home Non Cigar Related

Ice cream question

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
So this question is probably one that @cbuck might be able to answer, but I wanted to throw this out there, in case anyone knew.

Does ANYONE make a Rocky Road ice cream without nuts?
I love rocky road ice cream, but hate nuts. 
I've have searched everywhere and cannot find a type of ice cream that is like Rocky Road, but without nuts.

Anyone?
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe (no churn!)
    This NO CHURN Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe is 1000X better than store-bought, customizable and you don't need an ice cream maker!   This Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe is bursting with marshmallows, roasted almonds and chocolate chips enveloped in rich chocolate ice cream swirled with chocolate sauce.  Hello Lover! 
     Prep Time10 minutes
     Servings
     quarts
    INGREDIENTS
    • 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped*
    • 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
    • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    • pinch salt
    • 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
    • 3/4 cup roasted salted almonds
    • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
    • 2 cups heavy cream
    • 1 cup Recipe 5 Minute Chocolate Sauce may sub store bought hot fudge topping NOT chocolate sauce
    Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe  Carlsbad Cravings
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Add the chopped chocolate to a large bowl. Set aside.
    2. Bring the milk to a near boil in the microwave or stovetop and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then stir until smooth and chocolate is melted.
    3. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate sauce and heavy cream.
    4. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form then fold cream gently into the chocolate mixture.
    5. To a 2 quart freezable container,* layer 1/3 ice cream, drizzle 1/2 chocolate sauce and swirl with a knife, then layer 1/3 ice cream and drizzle almost all remaining chocolate sauce and swirl. Top with remaining ice cream and remaining chocolate sauce and swirl.
    6. Cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper pressed directly on the surface of the ice cream (to help prevent ice crystals), and freeze for at least 6 hours or until frozen.
    7. Enjoy!
    RECIPE NOTES

*Any container (plastic, metal, etc) will work as long as it is NOT glass. You can even divide among multiple containers. The more shallow the containers, the faster the ice cream will freeze and be ready to eat. I used my cheesecake springform pan.

Adapted from the No-Churn Ice Cream Cookbook

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Marty. Hope all is well! I don’t know of any rocky road that doesn’t have nuts. I think that’s what makes it “rocky”. We don’t make a rocky road. We call ours Mud! Coffee ice cream wit choc syrup and Oreo and choc coated almonds. @silvermouse formula looks pretty good though! Sorry I couldn’t help! @jlmarta
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe (no churn!)This NO CHURN Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe is 1000X better than store-bought, customizable and you don't need an ice cream maker!   This Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe is bursting with marshmallows, roasted almonds and chocolate chips enveloped in rich chocolate ice cream swirled with chocolate sauce.  Hello Lover!  Prep Time10 minutes

Servings quarts

INGREDIENTS* 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped*

• 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
    • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    • pinch salt
    • 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
    • 3/4 cup roasted salted almonds
    • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
    • 2 cups heavy cream
    • 1 cup Recipe 5 Minute Chocolate Sauce may sub store bought hot fudge topping NOT chocolate sauce

INSTRUCTIONS* Add the chopped chocolate to a large bowl. Set aside.

• Bring the milk to a near boil in the microwave or stovetop and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then stir until smooth and chocolate is melted.
    • Stir in all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate sauce and heavy cream.
    • In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form then fold cream gently into the chocolate mixture.
    • To a 2 quart freezable container,* layer 1/3 ice cream, drizzle 1/2 chocolate sauce and swirl with a knife, then layer 1/3 ice cream and drizzle almost all remaining chocolate sauce and swirl. Top with remaining ice cream and remaining chocolate sauce and swirl.
    • Cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper pressed directly on the surface of the ice cream (to help prevent ice crystals), and freeze for at least 6 hours or until frozen.
    • Enjoy!

RECIPE NOTES*Any container (plastic, metal, etc) will work as long as it is NOT glass. You can even divide among multiple containers. The more shallow the containers, the faster the ice cream will freeze and be ready to eat. I used my cheesecake springform pan.

Adapted from the No-Churn Ice Cream Cookbook

I was doing a forum search for “Hot Sauce” and this came up..?? I’m sure as hell glad it did too because this looks delicious and doable! 😁😁😁

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

We don't search and read archived threads, @GaryThompson, we just ask the same question a million times over and over in new threads.

Speaking of that, can you help me out with my new case elegance glass top humidor?

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    We don't search and read archived threads, @GaryThompson, we just ask the same question a million times over and over in new threads.

Speaking of that, can you help me out with my new case elegance glass top humidor?

But how often do you fill your green puck with PG solution?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every day. I can already see it starting to sprout little cigars! Little brown spots all over it!

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Every day. I can already see it starting to sprout little cigars! Little brown spots all over it!

Pfft.... wait till you have white spots on your cigars! Plume is like little soft cigar kisses.