Home Pipes
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, I think I'll have to be careful with the Lakeland Dark and the Ennerdale Flake I have coming in terms of dedicating pipes to them since at least I know the Ennerdale is going to ghost the pipe with a persistent flavor.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is redolent of Lakeland mojo though RB Plug is a contender. Interesting cob, Yak. Is it the standard soft plastic bit or acrylic?

• Options

I'm guessing vulcanite but I'll have to check. I know it's not plastic. This person, Mrm1775 on PSD, is new to making pipes, starting out with mod cobs and his other pipes have had vulcanite stems.

• Options

Louisiana Flake is great.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

Would you like some fresh? I bet all you have is old, crusty stuff. Lol.....

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

thanks for the offer but I still have too much pipe tobacco, maybe that ^ guy though....

• Options
    edited January 2021

@silvermouse said:

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

thanks for the offer but I still have too much pipe tobacco, maybe that ^ guy though....

Nachos? ETA: Got dem chips and cheese....

• Options

just a stale one I'm afraid. If you find fresh nachos let me know.

• Options

@silvermouse said:

PM sent....

• Options

Nacho Man!!!!

• Options

I liked Jack Knife Plug. I do wonder though who thought that 'tobacco contains nicotine' was a useful warning.

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

PM sent....

This could get ugly

• Options

@rsherman24 said:

@Stubble said:

@silvermouse said:

PM sent....

This could get ugly

Nope, just a couple samplers.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I've been curious about that Westminster, let me know if it's similar to the 2040, the descriptions overlap on some key points.

Well, I went ahead and got some of the Westminster while ordering new pipe-bits and cleaners, etc. Because sometimes I have no sense. It's great! So, no regrets. It is sort of similar to the Cyprian Mixture, a little lighter and sweeter. I like it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Got some Bosun Plug and an organizer for my Mylar tobacco bags.

I started saving them in the bags but decided to buy a couple cases of jars and just jar them up. That is a good idea though. My plan was to put the jars in a pop bottle crate but I can't find any yet.

• Options

I'm still using jars for a lot of the blends that I'm smoking, they're in a cabinet.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsnake said:

@Yakster said:

I started saving them in the bags but decided to buy a couple cases of jars and just jar them up. That is a good idea though. My plan was to put the jars in a pop bottle crate but I can't find any yet.

They used to sell the perfect crate at Michael’s but it was discontinued in November. It was perfect for storing jars. I’ve found the insert at Home Depot now I’m on the hunt for the crate. Photo is how the Michael’s ones were. Great price at $10 as well...

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

nice ^

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@jsnake said:

@Yakster said:

They used to sell the perfect crate at Michael’s but it was discontinued in November. It was perfect for storing jars. I’ve found the insert at Home Depot now I’m on the hunt for the crate. Photo is how the Michael’s ones were. Great price at $10 as well...

That is what I was going for but they were never in stock and now gone. People want too much for old wood soda crates.

• Options

Yeah, the soda can crates are reasonably priced on eBay with triple the cost in shipping. Same for new crates. Maybe you could do something with a box frame and the dividers from home depot.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Yeah, the soda can crates are reasonably priced on eBay with triple the cost in shipping. Same for new crates. Maybe you could do something with a box frame and the dividers from home depot.

I may just take measurements of the current boxes I have and make a few to house the inserts.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....