Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:
    Enjoy Chris @yakster
    Thanks for hosting the quarantine Herf 2020

Hoping to do this again when thinks are warmer and a little less purple here.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love these vintage pipes!

This stuff sold out quick!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

classic Dublin ^. I, too, am fond of old English briars compared to Italian ones. The latter are usually more open draw and larger bowls compared to the English from mid 20th century.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

My goodness! That's a haul!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Hit you with the Haymaker.

• Options

KBV

• Options

Awesome looking pipe @NorCalR1 !

• Options

Very nice pipe, David!

• Options
    84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy brother, I know it would find a good home on this forum.

I've been enjoying my smaller one for a while now. I really like merschaum.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

• Options
    edited December 2020

That's a stunning pipe @Amos_Umwhat !

I kept looking at that POTY, finally someone grabbed it!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I couldn't resist it. I never should have looked at @ShawnOL 's "How many pipes..." thread.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble glad it all made it in good condition. Thanks again for splitting with me.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got 1 tin of Crinkle Flake and some kind of KBV Chocolate Blend recently. I haven't bought or looked for much this year. Just getting over Covid - see post in off topic section. Hope you are all well. I can't smell anything but I can still taste stuff though it is somewhat off. Going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off unpaid. Multi billion dollar company won't take care of us. NorCalR1 reached out to me in a PM and since I haven't been on here all year I wanted to say hi. Missing my pipe and cigar interactions. Just been an off and crappy year.

• Options
    logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

Got some Lane very cherry and Captain Black’s Cherry. My first pipe tobacco. Figured I would start there since my grandfather used to smoke a cherry blend. My Missouri Meerschaum was supposed to arrive today but I guess the post office lied. Hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jsnake said:
    I got 1 tin of Crinkle Flake and some kind of KBV Chocolate Blend recently. I haven't bought or looked for much this year. Just getting over Covid - see post in off topic section. Hope you are all well. I can't smell anything but I can still taste stuff though it is somewhat off. Going back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off unpaid. Multi billion dollar company won't take care of us. NorCalR1 reached out to me in a PM and since I haven't been on here all year I wanted to say hi. Missing my pipe and cigar interactions. Just been an off and crappy year.

Glad that you are recovering

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logan_042 said:

Got some Lane very cherry and Captain Black’s Cherry. My first pipe tobacco. Figured I would start there since my grandfather used to smoke a cherry blend. My Missouri Meerschaum was supposed to arrive today but I guess the post office lied. Hopefully it’ll be here tomorrow.

Just a heads up, cherry blends tend to fry your mouth especially if you smoke them too fast. Tongue bite can ruin the experience so sip that slowly. There are some cherry blends out there that some say avoids the tongue bite and off hand one I can think of is a Cult blend. I do love cherry but I tend to avoid them because in my noob days I would constantly smoke too fast and try to smoke hard like I was puffing on a cigar. Hopefully your experience is different. Enjoy!

• Options
    logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

A Missouri Meerschaum Missouri Pride. Now I just need a stronger flavored tobacco. The cherry blends I’ve smoked are a bit mild for my tastes. Maybe an English blend would be nice.

• Options