Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff sounds like you need to break out one of those pipes and fire it up brother. Weather has been nice in Reno the last few days..

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Wylaff said:
    Every time I open this thread I think I need to experiment more with pipes. Y'all are a bad influence.

Dry beg or cry for help 🤷🏽‍♂️

I have a couple pipes and a ton of tobacco from Stubble a few years back. I just need to smoke more of it.

A few years back? I shudder to imagine...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Captain Black Grape?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    Captain Black Grape?

No, but it can't be that far off.....

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Samuel Gawith St. James Flake in this old Hilson estate pipe.

You know, Chris, you're getting that potato focused in pretty well these days. Looks good.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Thanks, I gave up on the potato cam and started using the iPhone that I bought to use for business purposes (my company insists to install security/tracking software on it). There's a visible dent in the lens cover of my Android phone which doesn't help it's ability to take a good photo.

• Options
    edited January 2021

@GaryThompson said:
    Damn.. why can’t someone post a pic up so my sorry pics aren’t right after Stubble’s 😖

I’m trying out the process of load/tamp/light again with some Russ’s Snow Drift

Nice Pipe Valets.

I mixed up a 50/50 blend of Gawith Hoggarth Bosun Plug and Coniston Cut Plug based on a recommendation from a member of the Pipe Smoker's Den, this is a fantastic mixture. The Bosun Plug smells like bubble gum. I enjoyed smoking this bowl in my no-name Italian Dublin, I put the rest in a jar for later.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@GaryThompson said:
    Damn.. why can’t someone post a pic up so my sorry pics aren’t right after Stubble’s 😖

I’m trying out the process of load/tamp/light again with some Russ’s Snow Drift

Nice Pipe Valets.

BLADES?? Pipe smoking blades? 🥺 or are those repurposed cutting instruments?

• Options

Naw, the Pipe Valets are the classy paper bowls and plates.

The blades are for cutting flakes and plugs. The curved Ulu works great. The Opinel takes more work but doubles as a bowl scraper if I'm being too lazy to get out a reamer.

• Options

Thanks, @Stubble, just started to break it in, it looks great and I'm hoping it will be a great smoker too. That Posella is a nice looking pipe, how do you like it?

• Options

I like it very much. Looking at adding another soon....

• Options

GH Louisiana Flake in a Chacom.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff ^

GLP Embarkadero, an Izmir/Va broken flake, in this GBD:
    https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/england/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=321861

• Options

Cringle Flake in a Kaywoodie Signet.

Beautiful GBD! @silvermouse