Home Pipes
Options

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, you have the same pipe valet that I use when I'm cutting plugs.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Nice, you have the same pipe valet that I use when I'm cutting plugs.

^^ I’m going to have to go and Google that entire statement right there....

• Options

Resist the urge to buy a fancy carved wooden pipe valet, a paper plate works just fine and turns into a funnel very easily.

I like the looks of some of the pipe valets I've seen, but they're larger than I want since I smoke on a TV tray table and the laptop takes up most of the space already.

• Options

Ahh lol thanks @Yakster ! It’s just a little Dixie snack bowl, the kids usually use these. Works great. You think that’s something, you should see my “Tamp” and “Nail” 😉

• Options

@Stubble said:
    @GaryThompson
    Yak is talking about this. Sure beats dropping stuff. Lot of things you can do without, fancy leather pipe rolls, pipe stands, food, clean underwear...but why? LOL....

^^ Very nice!

• Options

About to fire up some Capstan Gold Navy Cut Flake in a cob.

• Options

I enjoyed this light, citrusy golden Virginia.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭✭✭

4th Gen. Morning Blend in a Compass.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

A little Frog in the Stanwell Brushed Black. I got that pipe a few years ago on sale for about $45. Excellent pipe at any price.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

KBV BVerge Engine Overdrive in a cob, from @Stubble, I think. I like this a lot; thanks!

• Options
    edited January 2021

KBV Zombie English in an Ethan Monier modified cob.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    That's one good looking cob, Professor.

Thanks Chris!

• Options

@Yakster said:
    I feel bad about getting Professor @Stubble grief about his fancy pants pipe accessories when I realize that I already have a pipe valet; it's just that I'm using a Coca-Cola metal serving tray I picked up at a thrift store instead if a nice, purpose built wood pipe valet.

I did pick up a nice leather gentleman's pipe roll that I keep my pipe tools in and it came with a nice small leather matt that I can put under my pipe when I'm loading it to catch any stray tobacco and funnel it back into the bowl or the tobacco container. I have a larger leather matt and I converted a pipe sock into a pipe rest by taking some old, moth-eaten rice and putting it in a Ziploc bag inside the pipe sock. I also use a thick brown coffee sample tray as a boat to hold the pipe rest, lighter, and tamper to keep them from rolling off my small smoking tray and it also works well when loading a pipe to catch stray tobacco and funnel it back into the tobacco container, in this case a Mylar bag on Lakeland Dark blended Kentucky leaf.

Since I was afraid this tobacco would ghost a pipe, both due to the Lakeland essence and the DFK tobacco, I am smoking it in my MM Natural Morgan Corn Cob Pipe, paired with black coffee from Ethiopia. The pictures show a few more of my pipe tampers, take notes because this will be on the test.

You hypocrite! I bet you even have clean underwear!! I don’t even know you anymore.. 😜

• Options

I love EMP, Ron. I've heard G. L. Pease - Chelsea Morning is even better so I'm going to give that a try since I'm almost to the end of my jar of old Dunhill EMP.

Tonight I'm sparking up my Falcon with KBV Bright Star, tasty stuff. Thanks for the tamper, @Diver43 Ron.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster Glad that you are finding it useful

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster that KBV blend sounds outstanding. What’s the star the Virginia’s or the Perique?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....