Home Ratings & Reviews

Padilla Miami vs. 5 Vegas Miami

Hi all. I really enjoy the Padilla but have not had the 5 Vegas. I'm sure our community has helpful thoughts and suggestions when comparing the two, if there really is a comparison. Would appreciate any positives and/or negatives. certainly we all have various tastes, so just reaching out for more detail... Thanks

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Not really a lot in common between the two. Both are good in my opinion though, I tend to favor the Padilla more but the 5 Vegas Miami is a solid cigar. The Padilla is more medium-full where the 5 Vegas is more solid medium.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    Not really a lot in common between the two. Both are good in my opinion though, I tend to favor the Padilla more but the 5 Vegas Miami is a solid cigar. The Padilla is more medium-full where the 5 Vegas is more solid medium.
    Agreed on all accounts. I would definitely not compare the two. Both great cigars, though.
  • I tend to put the Padilla Miami in the phenom. category, That stick packs a lot of WOW! 5 Vegas is a solid brand and the Miami line is one of my favs. I dont think these have much in common except for the name and that their both good.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone above. Although they are both good cigars, they are very different. And I do enjoy the Padilla Miami a bit more than the 5 Vegas.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    These have been out for a little while now, anyone else have some reviews on the new ones? I was debating whether or not to take advantage of the deal CCOM has with the 10 miami's and the cutter.

What is the impression of the new Miami's?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought some of the new blend but haven't smoked one yet. They were discontinued a year or two ago, and they brought the label back recently. I've been told the old blend was better than the new blend. Want me to send you one?
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I bought some of the new blend but haven't smoked one yet. They were discontinued a year or two ago, and they brought the label back recently. I've been told the old blend was better than the new blend. Want me to send you one?
    I was just curious, I've been looking for some deals to buy good groups of cigars so I'll have my own stock to send out and bomb people with.

I wouldn't feel right about sending out any cigars others have given me and the 5 packs I've bought recently have all gone out to people for various things so I've been thinking of buying a random 10pk once a week or so. I just don't want to send people crap and I haven't tried a bunch of sticks yet.

Thanks for the offer, but then you'd be added to the list of people I need to bomb ;)
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:
    These have been out for a little while now, anyone else have some reviews on the new ones? I was debating whether or not to take advantage of the deal CCOM has with the 10 miami's and the cutter.

At some point I'm smoking the new and the original with egorman...Eric...to see what we notice. Hopefully Drew will too.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Been distracted by all the home buying nonsense lately, but is haven't forgotten about this Jim. Weather has been terrible for an outdoor smoker lately.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:

Can't speak to the Padilla but the 5 Vegas Miami is a cigar that steadily improves with time. Even a week at rest shows a difference and if I can keep my sticky fingers away from the ones I have left I truly expect a major improvement.

And I am going to be all over the special when the eagle makes a deposit. When that special was announced I thought it was going to go away pretty quick but I was assured by KD it would be around for awhile.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    chrislolds:

At some point I'm smoking the new and the original with egorman...Eric...to see what we notice. Hopefully Drew will too.
    Who me? Just LMK when.