Home Non Cigar Related

Hot Sauce

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    I tried grating horse radish, once.

I remember my older brothers doing that wearing Army gas masks.

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    I used to make habanero candies and tried to make a super spicy batch once. The steam that came off coated my entire kitchen and living room, and for months afterwards if you touched anything in the house and then your face it was like being pepper sprayed. I am no longer allowed to make habanero candies.

You win. 😆

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were no winners in that one. I used 35 quartered habaneros with seeds intact for 2 lbs of sugar. They were very spicy.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a friend that was growing small red Asian peppers and touched his eye and it melted his contact lens, ouch!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Needed a restock badly, and glad I did because this months box looks incredible!

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 where do you get those from?

@Jrflickster said:
    @Cam_91 where do you get those from?

HEATONIST .com Its the Hot Ones subscription

I love it. A lot of the stuff is from Ed Currie’s PuckerButt pepper co.. Great variety and it’s easy to skip months if you’ve got too much sauce.

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

@Cam_91 - I’ll be harvesting my peppers soon. Send me your info and I’d be happy to send you a bottle of whatever I make. Hopefully you like hot. Growing Thai, Habs, scorpions, reapers, Armageddon and ghosts. Can’t guarantee it’ll be mild….or even comfortable.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dirtdude said:
    Calvin, I appreciated your hot sauce so much, get over it, just run up to Chicago and get your over forlmeted serrano's. Put on your PPE and get it done for your brothers.

I am happily retired.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those that have had Calvin's hot sauce, what can I buy that would be similar?

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found none

@peter4jc said:

@CharlieHeis said:
    For those that have had Calvin's hot sauce, what can I buy that would be similar?

If Calvin fvcking Calvin, excuse me, is unwilling to make the stuff any longer, shouldn't he be required to hand over the recipe?

My mom has spoken about making it as a kill-time-when-retired side business. I don't know if she actually will, but I can't release the recipe. I promise though, it's not worth the trauma of making it. I can only imagine what it'd be like to make with habaneros instead of just serrano peppers.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CalvinAndHobo said:

@peter4jc said:

@CharlieHeis said:

If Calvin fvcking Calvin, excuse me, is unwilling to make the stuff any longer, shouldn't he be required to hand over the recipe?

My mom has spoken about making it as a kill-time-when-retired side business. I don't know if she actually will, but I can't release the recipe. I promise though, it's not worth the trauma of making it. I can only imagine what it'd be like to make with habaneros instead of just serrano peppers.

John... give her a call.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

It's just garlicy hot sauce lol, it's not like this life changing experience or something.

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s my disagree Calvin

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

I can't make the sauce here anyway, even if I wanted to, which I don't. I don't have access to the right peppers. You guys will be fine. It's just a garlic hot sauce my mom learned how to make in Thailand, google "thai garlic hot sauce" and you'll get all kinds of store bought alternatives.

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I can't make the sauce here anyway, even if I wanted to, which I don't. I don't have access to the right peppers. You guys will be fine. It's just a garlic hot sauce my mom learned how to make in Thailand, google "thai garlic hot sauce" and you'll get all kinds of store bought alternatives.

• LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Awesome!

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of y'all thought, "oh no! Now everything is double posting!"

Don't look ↑

This time it wasn't Frank's fault.

• LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    How many of y'all thought, "oh no! Now everything is double posting!"

@Yakster said:
    This time it wasn't Frank's fault.

Can my other thread be deleted?

I tried to find a way but couldn't.

No easily and not without escalating this to someone at CCOM that helps us out when things break but has a different full time job at CCOM so it's probably best to just let it slip below the water's surface and die.