Home General Discussion

Winter must be over

d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually have my morning smoke while watching bird feed in the back yard. Today the Robin's showed up. Always a sign of spring for me.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Winter range of some birds has moved north a bit. Used to be red-winged blackbirds were a sure sign of spring here but some never left this winter, same for orioles. Canadian robins winter here and overlap with the returning ones

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here, the rain gets a little warmer, is all.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Winter is not over here is AZ. We are only reaching highs in the upper 60’s still.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also the white runny poop

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Also the white runny poop

Yeah, the birds do that too!

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a tree with small red berries that all the birds feed on during the winter. Yesterday a flock of cedar wax wings showed up and completely stripped it, happens every year.

• TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Trykflyr_1 earlier today I was going through some old bookmarks and saw one I saved from last year on the Yukon Quest...clicked on it to see if they were running and it looked like info from last year. Did they run it this year? Just wondering...

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Not quite yet.

It’s the “realfeel” that gets you. Personally I can’t feel anything below 40, much less minus 40

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think they're gonna run it. Haven't heard anything and Canuckistan is the starting point this year. Ya know how whacked they are with the covid crapola.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    I don't think they're gonna run it. Haven't heard anything and Canuckistan is the starting point this year. Ya know how whacked they are with the covid crapola.

Indeed, they banned all the Alaska cruises for the rest of the year. Caused quite an uproar in the cruising community.

Stupid people love to ban stuff.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Stupid people love to ban stuff.

H.R. 127

It feels like winter is over here but it's just our annual February thaw. Gonna freeze up again in a week.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    It feels like winter is over here but it's just our annual February thaw. Gonna freeze up again in a week.

Then snow. Then 60s. Then rain. Then cold. Then 60s...... that’s just next week.

• raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

68* here in the Denver area.... turning to **** again tomorrow. 87% chance of snow!

Things are about to get interesting...

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

68 and sunny is correct. The forecast is 6 to 10 inches of snow by Thursday night.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

RaiderMike was correct. Here in the east side of the Denver area we woke to 8 to 10 inches of snow. Fortunately Mrs. Slob and I have southern exposure and our driveway has already been totally cleared of snow.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

18 inches of snow since Thursday. Still below 0. The fat lady hasn't even got to the building yet....

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Here it's cherry blossoms. They have begun to blossom all around. Looks awesome. Also means it time to overseed/soil the lawns. Not looking forward to that. Been enjoying the winter reprieve from yard work but I'm looking forward to warmer temperatures to be sure.

Same tree now

My bougainvilleas are even flowering already.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

I take it that list refers to your particular area, @peter4jc ?? 🤔🙄