raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it matter if the Boveda packs come in contact with the cigars? Thanks

Things are about to get interesting...

Comments

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boveda says it’s okay

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, toss em and walk away.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lay them right on top.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@Yakster said:

I lay them right on top.

>
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, "humidity rises" so put them on the bottom. (As long as they're not buried, and the humidity has a chance to flow upward, keep 'em low.) Right?

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Humid air is less dense than dry air. Dense things sink and less dense things rise, right? Well, according to Isaac Newton, in his book Opticks, humid air is actually LESS dense than dry air. ... So, in a home, humid air rises upwards, not downwards.

I also pack the bottom of the wineador with Boveda and have been testing them on cigars for nearly ten years with no issues.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cigars roll off the lip of the tray easier than Bovedas. It's also easier to check and replace them without having to dig them out. I have Bovedas on top of the cigars for all the trays in my wine fridge winedor.

In my Crate the Bovedas are mixed in, many at the bottom but also throughout.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • raidermikeraidermike Posts: 276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. I do have a couple on bottom a couple on the sides and a couple on top of my 26qt coolidor. Keep your hands up! You're surrounded!!! Haha

Things are about to get interesting...