Home General Discussion

Virtual Cigar Events

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Light 'em Up Virtual Lounge is hosting an online event with Jorge Padrón of Padrón cigars this Wednesday March 3rd at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific.

To enter the lounge:
https://lightemupworld.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bb094035cf36973551c9ccc86&id=90a407022c&e=a326df2720

https://zoom.us/j/547920250

Meeting-ID: 547 920 250

More Info https://pohorec.com/EN/light-em-up-lounge/

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not for the working man.

Maybe I can make it...

Don't look ↑
  • EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am calling in sick. I gotta hear this guy talk, but it can only work against me... if it turns out he is a ****, I am going to... continue to buy them with a hint of regret ...

I've heard him speak before and I think he's okay! He's not a pretentious a-hole like Matt Booth.

Don't look ↑
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone should have told him to have the event Friday in honor of Padron Friday’s

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I've heard him speak before and I think he's okay! He's not a pretentious a-hole like Matt Booth.

You can figure out what the hell Booth is talking about long enough to find him pretentious? I gotta start smoking stronger ****.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't Booth a jewelry salesman? You gotta be a huster to sell jewelry. Besides spot gold prices, most is artificially valued and a terrible investment. He did hustle me into buying some of his cigars though. After a bunch of construction problems and buying an entire box of 30 plugged cigars I wouldn't buy any of his products. Room 101 is dead to me...lol.

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Isn't Booth a jewelry salesman? You gotta be a huster to sell jewelry. Besides spot gold prices, most is artificially valued and a terrible investment. He did hustle me into buying some of his cigars though. After a bunch of construction problems and buying an entire box of 30 plugged cigars I wouldn't buy any of his products. Room 101 is dead to me...lol.

And he has a line of gin.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I slipped up and ordered a tenski of Room 101 “213” San Andres, I’ve always enjoyed those, I hope the construction isn’t an issue with this order.

edited March 2021

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

Hey!! I love the Lost & Found series from Booth and Caldwell..... oh wait. Not his cigars.... NVM. Carry on.

Saw a deal on the sister site and was strongly considering buying some because the price was good and reviews favorable, including a few BOTL here, plus the Caldwell stuff I've smoked has been pretty good. Actually struggled for two days but I just couldn't do it on principle. A few people mentioning tight draws plus booths involvement made it easier.

I'll be sticking with growers/blender/manufacturers who live/breathe cigars and avoiding the johnny come lately and the boutique bullshyt they peddle. I've become less and less enamored with exclusive, limited, and gimmicks over the years.

The tried and true tobacco farmers, blenders, and manufacturers are more my focus for acquisitions and their best stuff seems to be cigars that they literally put their names on. Although, I do like a lot of DPG contracted cigars that he blends and manufacturers also. Probably my favorite cigar house (My Father cigars) of all actually. Padron ranks at the tip-top also. Liking a lot of AJ Fernandez's stuff these days as well (the blends with his name on the label more so), and E.P Carillo has been putting out great stuff.

General Cigar has been stepping up their game lately as well with a lot of reblending of tired brands that I wouldn't even consider but now enjoy.

I actually think that the embargo will eventually end and they will need to rebrand to set themselves apart. Maybe adding America to the Cuban brands (Cohiba America etc) and adding a small flag label to each cigar in the portfolio. It could be a great rebirth opportunity for them to reblend and re-energize brands that many don't respect as premium cigars. Marketing associations only work so well. They could be turned around and maximized with a new game plan.

Post edited by CAcigarguy007 on

And romeo y Julietta. John Romeo y Julietta makes a great cigar. Oh, so does James Gurkha

Don't look ↑
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

Hey!! I love the Lost & Found series from Booth and Caldwell..... oh wait. Not his cigars.... NVM. Carry on.

Saw a deal on the sister site and was strongly considering buying some because the price was good and reviews favorable, including a few BOTL here, plus the Caldwell stuff I've smoked has been pretty good. Actually struggled for two days but I just couldn't do it on principle. A few people mentioning tight draws plus booths involvement made it easier.

I'll be sticking with growers/blender/manufacturers who live/breathe cigars and avoiding the johnny come lately and the boutique bullshyt they peddle. I've become less and less enamored with exclusive, limited, and gimmicks over the years.

The tried and true tobacco farmers, blenders, and manufacturers are more my focus for acquisitions and their best stuff seems to be cigars that they literally put their names on. Although, I do like a lot of DPG contracted cigars that he blends and manufacturers also. Probably my favorite cigar house (My Father cigars) of all actually. Liking a lot of AJ Fernandez's stuff these days as well (the blends with his name on the label more so), and E.P Carillo as well.

Lost&Found are not created, blended, or rolled for Booth/Caldwell. They just buy them. Every single one I’ve had I have really enjoyed.

AIR sounds like a cigar with a loose draw.

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Yakster said:

unless you bend it, LFD

Good point, lol, unless you know some of the background Litto Gomez was going for (kung Fu) it does sound like a light cigar. Then again, if you know about the brand, then you'd know he doesn't put out very many light blends. Puts out some great arse kickers though!

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahhh crap I missed it... family stopped by this afternoon... any went today? Did George drop some knowledge bombs ?

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Yakster said:

unless you bend it, LFD

Good point, lol, unless you know some of the background Litto Gomez was going for (kung Fu) it does sound like a light cigar. Then again, if you know about the brand, then you'd know he doesn't put out very many light blends. Puts out some great arse kickers though!

I thought that an airbender sounded like a heavy cigar. You know, as in something with a large gravitational force that can actually bend the air toward it. something with that much gravity must be pretty heavy.

Don't look ↑

I didn't have a chance to sign in to the Padron virtual event. Did anyone? The Light 'Em Up Lounge is based in Europe so it's evening there but it's still morning here.

This non working stiff was at the doc.

Don't look ↑

Dang, I thought we had this covered. A video might appear on the Light 'em Up World Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmozLA3D6_y2n5y6i2CRQQ/videos

You can watch past videos from Matt Booth, Pete Johnson, Carlito Fuente, and a few more. No videos newer than two months there.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Better then being stiff and working the doc.

@Vision said:

@VegasFrank said:

Better then being stiff and working the doc.

Depends on the doctor, you should see the PA my oncologist has.

Light 'em Up Virtual Lounge is hosting an online event with Erik Espinosa of Espinosa cigars this Wednesday March 10th at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific.

To enter the lounge:

More Info https://pohorec.com/EN/light-em-up-lounge/

Light 'Em Up Virtual Lounge will be hosting this year's Nicuraguan Cigar Festival Puro Sabor 2021.

Details and sign-up here.

‼️INTRODUCTORY EPISODE
    feat. Claudio Sgroi‼️
    🗓 Monday, March 15th:
    1:30 pm Nicaragua Time / 2:30 pm EST / 8:30 pm CET

💥 THIS IS IT! 💥

Puro Sabor 2021 will be officially opened during our Introductory Episode. We'll be welcoming you to this year's first live show together with Mr. Claudio Sgroi, president of the Nicaraguan Chamber of Tobacco (CNT).

To all the passionate cigar lovers around the world: please be wholeheartedly invited to join us for this glamourous opening event.

We have 100 special VIP seats at our Light em Up Lounge via Zoom.

Furthermore, the show will be broadcasted live on our Youtube Channel.

Watch the Livestream

Light 'em Up Virtual Lounge is hosting an online event with Alan Rubin from ALEC BRADLEY CIGARS.

Wednesday 3pm EDT / 8pm CET‼️

To enter the lounge:

Please join us and Mike Rosales of RoMa Craft Tobac for a one of a kind Digital Herf & Event, tomorrow - Friday the 26th, 4-6pm EST.

Event Deals; Buy 4 get one free, Buy 7 get two free, buy any 24 count box or bundle and you’ll get 6 free and 5 bonus raffle numbers!
    Raffles: Every one cigar purchased ($5 and up) gets you 1 Raffle Number, no limits.
    Raffles will be conducted during the second hour of the Herf and event.
    If you’re local you are welcome to join us at the shop! We look forward to seeing you there or online! Zoom Herf link below! Cheers Fam!
    RoMa Craft is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
    Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84262508559?pwd=N2FscmJENklEU1Y2WEtheDhBdG96QT09

Meeting ID: 842 6250 8559

Passcode: 511362

Don't look ↑