Home General Discussion

Cigar pipe

DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried a cigar pipe? Thoughts? (this should be interesting)

https://cscigars.com/products/executor-solo-cigar-pipe-in-cocobolo

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, but I've been tempted by meerschaum cigar holders. I once thought it would be a way to share a great cigar (where you'd pass the cigar around and everyone used a holder).

Also briar cigars which are pipes shaped like a cigar but take pipe tobacco are interesting.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Nope, but I've been tempted by meerschaum cigar holders. I once thought it would be a way to share a great cigar (where you'd pass the cigar around and everyone used a holder).

Also briar cigars which are pipes shaped like a cigar but take pipe tobacco are interesting.

I think we need to recruit woodworker with a lathe to the forum

@peter4jc said:
    I guess my question is "Why?".

My Wife will go to an ice cream shop and get a scoop in a cup instead of a cone.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@peter4jc said:

My Wife will go to an ice cream shop and get a scoop in a cup instead of a cone.

More like the people who go to an ice cream shoppe and get a hot dog.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

@peter4jc said:

But you can't hold ice cream in your hand - at least you'd be dumb if you did - like you can hold a cigar with your fingers. What's the advantage of sticking a stick in a piece of wood and then holding the wood?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

@peter4jc said:

@Yakster said:

@peter4jc said:

But you can't hold ice cream in your hand - at least you'd be dumb if you did - like you can hold a cigar with your fingers. What's the advantage of sticking a stick in a piece of wood and then holding the wood?

One use case was already given.

My other thought was, you can smoke a cigar down to nothing and still hold it comfortably. Maybe even providing insulation from some of the heat? I really don't know what the benefits are, but I'm hear to get opinions from those that have used it.

edited March 2021

And there's this...

I'm not trying to discourage you @Derek or tell you how to do you, just being me.

@peter4jc said:
    And there's this...

I'm not trying to discourage you @Derek or tell you how to do you, just being me.

I'm not discouraged. I think my question honestly was the same as yours : why?

The difference may be I'm a sl*t for accessories and I really want someone to talk me into buying one 😁

You might want to look for a set of the holders with varying sizes so that you can accommodate more cigar sizes.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's called "cigarbage"

Nice patina on that nubber, @peter4jc!

Don't look ↑

@peter4jc said:
    You might want to look for a set of the holders with varying sizes so that you can accommodate more cigar sizes.

It looks like they taper for that reason

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I don’t know much about wood for pipes but is cocobolo typically used? I have considered using this in woodworking but was discouraged due to it’s known toxicity/respiratory irritant... any one have experience with this ?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cocobolo is beautiful.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

But will it kill you?

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    But will it kill you?

Eventually, all beautiful things do

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean if ya can't stand the heat like @VegasFrank

Can I put my culebra in it @MrShrek?

Don't look ↑
  • RobbyCruzRobbyCruz Posts: 584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I put the femur prerelease in it?

This is a good reference on wood allergies and toxicity
    https://www.wood-database.com/wood-articles/wood-allergies-and-toxicity/

I wonder how well it burns past the rim

Don't look ↑

Frank, you would waste so much unsmoked cigars if you had one of these instead of a nubber. I've seen you smoke it down to nothing but ash as the final flecks of wrapper burn away.

• SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭

We had a member here who used a pipe to nub his cigars down to nothing. He also advocated saving the end cuts & making pipe tobacco from the mixture.

I've done that but prefer using a nubber.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sasquatch said:
    We had a member here who used a pipe to nub his cigars down to nothing. He also advocated saving the end cuts & making pipe tobacco from the mixture.

I believe that was @pilgrimtex .

I tried it. Bleah!

Better to turn that apple around.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Yakster said:

That was fast. What do you think?

That was a photo example from Instagram to show how ridiculous it is. Compare it to a nubber and just bare hands.