Home Non Cigar Related

JD50AE ... In memoriam & looking for info.

JD50AE. Hello, I am JDs wife, and I felt I should make a post here as I am not sure where else to search. My husband, JD, passed away unexpectedly on November 2nd, after a brief hospice. It's been a difficult unsettling thing to deal with, and I am just now kind of getting back up on my feet. I just recieved a box of cigars in the mail for him from a fella named Shawn, today. I feel I should return them, after reaching out and saying thank you for thinking of him. He always looked forward to 'Bombs', I believe he called them, and to sending them out as well. Hope this is the right place. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Holly

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chaeyahne said:
    JD50AE. Hello, I am JDs wife, and I felt I should make a post here as I am not sure where else to search. My husband, JD, passed away unexpectedly on November 2nd, after a brief hospice. It's been a difficult unsettling thing to deal with, and I am just now kind of getting back up on my feet. I just recieved a box of cigars in the mail for him from a fella named Shawn, today. I feel I should return them, after reaching out and saying thank you for thinking of him. He always looked forward to 'Bombs', I believe he called them, and to sending them out as well. Hope this is the right place. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Holly

So sorry for your loss. JD will be missed on the forum

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry for your loss. His presence is missed on the forum

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for telling us, Holly. I was thinking about driving over there to make sure he was OK. We'll miss him.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • chaeyahnechaeyahne Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thank you. I miss his old grizzly self so much. He said to make sure everyone knew that he "smoked all of his girls, and drank some of his four roses small batch port. (his words)" before he left, and he did. I posted on another forum thinking it was this one, but I just really did not know where to start. Someone there pointed me here. This place meant so much to him, so thank you all for calming & soothing my Big Bear.

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry hear of JD's passing. I was missing his pet food recall thread...and of course his political rants. Mostly his political rants(especially if it irritated @VegasFrank). Stay strong and know his spirit will always be with you.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

@chaeyahne said:

Thank you

Holly

Sorry for your loss. I know he will be missed.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss Holly...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

@ShawnOL could be the Shawn in question.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

My condolences, Holly, Peace to you and your horses. I will have a cigar in JD's honor tonight.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Sorry for your loss.

We all know JD loved animals and ranting about politics. He will be missed

I would also like to add no matter the pushback he received he never wavered from his core beliefs. That in and of itself is truly admirable. I will also miss reading his political rantings and getting under @VegasFrank skin. Again, sorry for your loss.

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry for your loss Holly. He will be missed

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for coming here and letting us know, and letting us into your world; your posts give us a better understanding of JD, not only why he's not here but who he was when he was around. I'm the guy he was buying coffee from for a while and got to know JD better through emails during that time. You seem like a wonderful person, and God will take care of you. The next time you see JD, he'll be whole and happy.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss. No more pain and suffering.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear of JD's passing and for your loss, Holly. Thanks for logging on to the forum and letting us all know. He was a member of our community here and he'll be missed.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry for your loss, Holly.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss, Holly, and thank you for letting us into his world.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss, Holly. I liked JDs fire and conviction. I think I'm now the only "right-wing nut" on the forum. ;). It's great that he had someone loving and caring for him in his last times as no one should be alone when they go. Just know you did the best you could for him and can be proud of that.

If he had any local cigar smoking friends, pass along my bomb to them to smoke in Jim's honor, and I will smoke one as well tonight.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

So sorry to hear this.
    I liked JD. I liked the banter he brought.
    I liked giving him a hard time about 5 Vegas cigars and then sending some. ;)
    I am very sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

And thank you for letting us know. I appreciate it and it means a lot to us that he found it enjoyable here, cause there are those of us who like his friendship.

My sincere condolences,
    Tony

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss, Holly. Yes, I went back and forth a few times with him but it was mostly always in good fun. We even bombed each other a couple of times. RIP JD.

Don't look ↑
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry for your loss. JD will be missed.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chaeyahne so sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing and letting us know.

• NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry for your loss Holly. I had sent JD a few bombs over the last year or so and we always chatted back and forth in messages. He will be missed. Prayers to you and your family during these times.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to deal with some one suffering mentally at the end.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy hell!
    Makes you wonder.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your loss Holly.
    He was quite a character and will be missed.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry to hear of this. I know your pain personally. He’ll be missed. He was a guy that stuck to his convictions. Prayers for the family.