Home General Discussion

Introducing the new CIGAR.com Elite Advantage Loyalty Program

TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
edited February 2021 in General Discussion

Hey Everyone!

While I know plenty of you visit CIGAR.com often, I wanted to make sure you all knew about our new loyalty program, called Elite Advantage. It's completely free to join (you just need a CIGAR.com account), there are no membership fees, and no hidden costs: it was really important to me and my team that something was put in place to reward all who wish to get more for their money.

For those of you who have already joined, thank you; if you are thinking about joining, or have any questions, please feel free to email me, or respond on this thread. :)

Thanks,
Lindsay

Tagged:

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a bronzer. It's good to be bronze!

Don't look ↑
  • paxarolopaxarolo Posts: 6

Done!!! Bronze and 37 points away from Silver.

I'm assuming they're starting the first of the year. I did $300 just before Christmas as a present from my wife.

They're starting from when you actively sign up for it. No automatic enrollment...

Don't look ↑

That makes sense. Thanks.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great day it is! I just got my first email (first of what I presume will be monthly emails) to keep me updated on my rewards status. I guess they want to prod me into buying more by reminding me what a loser I am. Thanks for rubbing my nose in it. (Lindsay, this is me, trying to be funny)

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Once you achieve gold status you can post pictures in the forum again

Don't look ↑
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

So now in order to have a one on one customer service rep for our orders, we have to spend $1000 a year? I miss the days that Tim was my rep, and I didn't have to spend $1000 a year to get great customer service. Ccom has changed, doesn't seem for the best.

"Long ashes my friends."

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin
    edited April 2021

@Krieg said:
    So now in order to have a one on one customer service rep for our orders, we have to spend $1000 a year? I miss the days that Tim was my rep, and I didn't have to spend $1000 a year to get great customer service. Ccom has changed, doesn't seem for the best.

You can always have one-on-one customer service by calling 800.357.9800; what the Loyalty Program is referring to is getting an Account Manager and being enrolled in our Account Manager Program, which is a bit different in concept. Folks who have an Account Manager work with one individual on a consistent basis; however, all of our Customer Service Representatives know CCOM, know our product selection, and are equipped to help anyone who asks for assistance, whether that be a recommendation or placing an order on your behalf.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheCigarChick said:

@Krieg said:

You can always have one-on-one customer service by calling 800.357.9800; what the Loyalty Program is referring to is getting an Account Manager and being enrolled in our Account Manager Program, which is a bit different in concept. Folks who have an Account Manager work with one individual on a consistent basis; however, all of our Customer Service Representatives know CCOM, know our product selection, and are equipped to help anyone who asks for assistance, whether that be a recommendation or placing an order on your behalf.

So how does someone actually speak with an account manager? I have tried for nearly a month with no response. Denniser that does the live chat on the site has told me that several emails have been sent yet I have not been contacted. I was also told that a customer must “show interest “ in wanting an account manager. Is signing up for the program not enough to show interest?

@Rdp77 - **If you'd like, please send me your contact info and I can have the Customer Service Supervisor here in PA reach out to you directly. **

Being assigned an Account Manager once a customer reaches the Platinum Level was created as a perk, as these folks tend to have some different needs based off of their shopping habits.

Account Managers are a little different than our traditional Customer Service personnel. Essentially, an Acct Mgr would be someone you work with one-on-one consistently, as they would get to know you, your preferences, etc; when it comes to a Customer Service Rep, they can assist with order placement, product questions, shipping issues, et al., but odds are you won't speak to the same person over and over again.

Forgive me for the more effeminate analogy - I am female after all - but an Account Manager is like having a Personal Shopper at Neiman Marcus: they know you, your likes and dislikes, and you general needs. If my Personal Shopper knows I have a black tie gala to attend, they call me to tell me gowns are set aside, and ask me when I'm available to try them on before buying. In the cigar world, it's like getting personalized recommendations from someone who truly understands your tastes; in addition, if something came into stock we couldn't really advertise for whatever reason, but your Acct Mgr knows you love the brand, they would reach out to you so in theory you don't miss out. Once again, sorry for the less masculine comparison here, but that's the first concept that popped into my head as a clear example.

@TheCigarChick i understand the difference, what I do not understand is that once I did reach this level why it has been such an undertaking to be contacted by an account manager. I’ve sent my information to your inbox. Thanks for your time.

@Rdp77 said:
    @TheCigarChick i understand the difference, what I do not understand is that once I did reach this level why it has been such an undertaking to be contacted by an account manager. I’ve sent my information to your inbox. Thanks for your time.

As long as the email address you provided me matches your CIGAR.com Account, there shouldn't have been an issue.

I've sent your information to the Customer Service Supervisor and notified the Manager of the Loyalty Program as well. Gabriel Nieves should be reaching out to you shortly.

@TheCigarChick said:

@Rdp77 said:

As long as the email address you provided me matches your CIGAR.com Account, there shouldn't have been an issue.

I've sent your information to the Customer Service Supervisor and notified the Manager of the Loyalty Program as well. Gabriel Nieves should be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks again for your help.

I've just been informed you were assigned to an Account Manager recently, and he will be reaching out shortly. For your reference, his name is Chris Jackson, and his email is ChrisJ@cigar.com.

@TheCigarChick said:
    I've just been informed you were assigned to an Account Manager recently, and he will be reaching out shortly. For your reference, his name is Chris Jackson, and his email is ChrisJ@cigar.com.

Just wanted to let you know that Chris and I have spoken and things are all set. Thanks again.

@Rdp77 said:

@TheCigarChick said:

Just wanted to let you know that Chris and I have spoken and things are all set. Thanks again.

Glad to hear it!

Thank you again for your patience, and for choosing CIGAR.com.

Don't look ↑
  • Two_dawgsTwo_dawgs Posts: 2

Already joined and almost to level gold already. :) Love Cigar.com!

@Two_dawgs said:
    Already joined and almost to level gold already. :) Love Cigar.com!

What kind of stuff do you smoke?

Don't look ↑
  • Far_North_64Far_North_64 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the party but enrolled now.

Now this is not the end of the cigar. It is not even the beginning of the end of the cigar. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of the cigar.

• Trentthomas90Trentthomas90 Posts: 30 ✭✭✭

Enrolling now!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not necessarily. However, it may mean you're spending more than you need to...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I'm impressed!

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Let me know how that goes for ya

Enjoy the $10 discount

Don't look ↑