Home Ratings & Reviews

MoW Ruination

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
I had this one last night at the local cigar bar. While the taste wasn't bad, it kept going out. Pain in the ass...guess I just don't have good luck with these.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    hmmm... humidity problem? I've had a few and they've always been impeccably constructed. Sucks you didn't have a great experience.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my humi has been in the mid to low 60's for much of the winter, so maybe it was...but I wouldn't have thought that should have been an issue since my other smokes are burning fine.

"Long ashes my friends."

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I've had 4 of these and each time they have been rather sharp when smoking. I've had to touch them up a couple of times on one side but for the most part they all burned very well. My humi stays around 62-66 rh so I think your RH is fine.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    Interesting, I've had 4 of these and each time they have been rather sharp when smoking. I've had to touch them up a couple of times on one side but for the most part they all burned very well. My humi stays around 62-66 rh so I think your RH is fine.
    Yeah, I have burned trhu 3/4 of a box of these and haven't had any real problem sticks.

Try them again Krieg, you must have just got a bad one.
    I also know that these sticks are much better with 6 or so months on them... I didn't care for it when I first got my lot.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have yet to experience a MOW Ruination that didn't deliver big taste and impeccable burn. Must have been a bad stick
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've had 3 so far, the last being tonight with about four months in the humi. I like them more and more as time goes by and have not had any construction issues yet. Perfect draw, burn, lots of smoke, beautiful to look at, overall a very enjoyable smoke.
    Well, I have 1 or 2 MoWs left, but I think that was the only ruination I had. If I come across another one, I will give it a try. Another issue I had was when I was at the cigar bar, they must have had thier ventilation system turned up to hurricane strength, because it was crazy windy in there...maybe that was the cause.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Well, I have 1 or 2 MoWs left, but I think that was the only ruination I had. If I come across another one, I will give it a try. Another issue I had was when I was at the cigar bar, they must have had thier ventilation system turned up to hurricane strength, because it was crazy windy in there...maybe that was the cause.
    Krieg sent me your addy. asvenson at cigar.com
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    alex svenson is asking for your address... I'm jealous. That's like Sara underwood asking you for a place to sleep!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    alex svenson is asking for your address... I'm jealous. That's like Sara underwood asking you for a place to sleep!
    No, thats what you call CUSTOMER SERVICE - that is why this place is the Best!
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Oh man...wonder what I did...email sent!

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Alex hooked me up with my first MOW Ruination and now I'm HOOKED, literally. What a great smoke. And it went perfect with the nice 18 year rum that Alex generously provided. I'll be jumping on any MOW Daily Deals.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    free loader... what, who said that =p
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    OOOOH! Your in trouble. Your totally busted
  • taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    Man Krieg...You don't have much luck with those MoW lol!! I enjoy them and would advise you to give them another shot if you can.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Alex hooked me up with my first MOW Ruination and now I'm HOOKED, literally. What a great smoke. And it went perfect with the nice 18 year rum that Alex generously provided. I'll be jumping on any MOW Daily Deals.
    What the $%)(*$???? Alex sent you a MOW Ruination and 18 y/o rum??? You must give great head
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    Krieg, 5 pack coming your way this week.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    did I mention how many burn and construction issues I've had with the ruination?? I'm about to give up on em! ;) jk. But seriously alex, your dedication to customer satisfaction is astounding!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    did I mention how many burn and construction issues I've had with the ruination?? I'm about to give up on em! ;) jk. But seriously alex, your dedication to customer satisfaction is astounding!
    Hey Alex, I had a terrible HMR experience... want to help me out? haha...

Seriously, this is just another example why this is the ONLY place to buy.
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:

Yep, the HMR and that box of Gurkha Black Dragons in the Whale Bone box or whateverthehell that box was made out of REALLY had some burn issues, Alex!
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    This is so awesome, thank you Alex! This is why I will always keep coming back to Ccom. Great customer service!

"Long ashes my friends."

Alex Williams:
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    100% agree with this!!

"Long ashes my friends."

TatuajeVI:
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:

LoL, I was waiting for someone to start saying this! lol, "Yeah...I had some burn issues with some GoF's....lol" Yep, the HMR and that box of Gurkha Black Dragons in the Whale Bone box or whateverthehell that box was made out of REALLY had some burn issues, Alex!

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    Alex Svenson:
    JZ:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    Krieg:
    My damn GOF's burned terrible! It canoed, tunneled and out of nowhere spontaneously combusted! Should I ckeck my mailbox this week? Perhaps hold my breath while waiting?? lol
    well, Alex is a man of his word. According to the tracking info, the package just hit the atlanta sorting facility today. So I should be getting these MoWs soon. And at $11 a cigar, this wasn't cheap. Ccom will always be #1 in my book. Thanks again Alex.

"Long ashes my friends."

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    well, Alex is a man of his word. According to the tracking info, the package just hit the atlanta sorting facility today. So I should be getting these MoWs soon. And at $11 a cigar, this wasn't cheap. Ccom will always be #1 in my book. Thanks again Alex.
    Alex is good peeps.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Krieg:
    No kidding, well you better like them now. I'll tell you though, from my experience with them, I didn't like them right away, I let them sit for about 3-4 months, though I don't know how many months Alex has had these sitting.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Krieg:
    No kidding, well you better like them now. I'll tell you though, from my experience with them, I didn't like them right away, I let them sit for about 3-4 months, though I don't know how many months Alex has had these sitting.
    I had one in the "mystery stick" game earlier this week. 3 months of rest according to the person who sent me the stick. It was fantastic. I had one just about right OTT and it was also fantastic. :) One of the few very full bodied cigars that is able to remain smooth and doesn't get harsh. Definitely in my top 10 cigars I've ever smoked.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Krieg:
    I had one in the "mystery stick" game earlier this week. 3 months of rest according to the person who sent me the stick. It was fantastic. I had one just about right OTT and it was also fantastic. :) One of the few very full bodied cigars that is able to remain smooth and doesn't get harsh. Definitely in my top 10 cigars I've ever smoked.