Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

David Lynch's What Did Jack Do on Netflix. Bizarre but quick and fun.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ted Lasso on AppleTV is incredibly good. But you have to like Jason Sudeikis.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

I've been waiting for somebody to mention Apple TV+. I got a year free and I've not really looked around much. I've seen a few commercials but very little in the way of reviews.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched Zack Snyder's Justice League on HBO Max.
    So glad I didn't pay for that movie.
    It's a remake of the Justice League movie in TV format.
    Old school TV format. WTF?

Boss lady and I both got so bored with it, we fell asleep halfway through, so then I had to watch the last part of it later to see if I missed anything.

I didn't.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

I've been enjoying the new season of The Expanse.

I was coerced into watching the first two hours of that Zach Snyder Justice League by my Wife. She thought it was great. She watched the other half without me last night.

@Yakster said:
    I was coerced into watching the first two hours of that Zach Snyder Justice League by my Wife. She thought it was great. She watched the other half without me last night.

So I take it, I'm not the only one who was bored to death by it?

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

Falcon and Winter Soldier is on Disney Plus now.
    We're probably gonna watch it tomorrow.
    Hoping it's decent.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:

@peter4jc said:

I've been waiting for somebody to mention Apple TV+. I got a year free and I've not really looked around much. I've seen a few commercials but very little in the way of reviews.

I have been enjoying For All Mankind on Apple TV+. I've always liked alternative history plots.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Falcon and Winter Soldier is on Disney Plus now.
    We're probably gonna watch it tomorrow.
    Hoping it's decent.

I'm digging this series. Much better then the Scarlett witch imo

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

If anyone likes older sitcoms, Roku Channel is free and has shows like Alf, Barney Miller and 70s and 80s sitcoms.
    You don't have to have Roku to get it.
    I have Amazon Fire TV and it works fine in it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

The Havana on Prime.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the reviews...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...

El Innocente on Netflix is a good 8-episode mini-series. Filmed in Spain, dubbed into English, but it's a great story. Has a few boobies and butts, so be forewarned.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m hoping Without Remorse is going to be good. Clark is my favorite character of Clancy’s.
    And curious about Jupiter Rising , I really like The Boys.

I watched Shadow in the Cloud on Hulu with my youngest today. It looked like an entertaining movie when it started until it all went to bullcrap halfway through.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    I’m hoping Without Remorse is going to be good. Clark is my favorite character of Clancy’s.

I might have liked Without Remorse if it weren’t for today’s method of portraying heavy drama - by making everything so d@mned dark one can’t tell what’s going on.

My second pet peeve is a supposed great movie or tv program with English subtitles.

Both will get a pass from me…. 👎

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

@jlmarta said:

@Rhamlin said:

I might have liked Without Remorse if it weren’t for today’s method of portraying heavy drama - by making everything so d@mned dark one can’t tell what’s going on.

My second pet peeve is a supposed great movie or tv program with English subtitles.

Both will get a pass from me…. 👎

I rermember the book being great, will check out the movie. Clancy's novels are a crap shoot when it comes to the films, some good some terribly butchered.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start up on Netflix. Really good

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching Start Up right now...pretty good.

Start Up on Netflix... not bad. (next person; "can't complain"... get it?)

@peter4jc said:
    Start Up on Netflix... not bad. (next person; "can't complain"... get it?)

Personally, I was underwhelmed with Start Up. I’m more into The Shooter…. 🤓

I’m part-way into Dedicated Survivor on Netflix. Pretty good so far…. 👍👴🏻

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Hulu has released Summer of Soul, part documentary part concert footage of the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival concerts that hasn't been seen in 50 years. Great music.

I saw a news piece about that the other day. Looked good. Lots of great music that got ignored by the mainstream industry of the day. True institutional racism. Really a shame.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

BB King looks young!

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    El Innocente on Netflix is a good 8-episode mini-series. Filmed in Spain, dubbed into English, but it's a great story. Has a few boobies and butts, so be forewarned.

Thank you for the warning. I only watch series with “lots and tons and more boobies and butts”. I would have disappointed.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Hulu has released Summer of Soul, part documentary part concert footage of the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival concerts that hasn't been seen in 50 years. Great music.

In the first few minutes Stevie Wonder puts on a clinic on the drums. Awesome.