Home Non Cigar Related

OK, my bad

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently we have seen verdicts in 2 newsworthy cases, Rittenhouse and Arbury. I never really followed the Rittenhouse case, and the Arbury case was obviously open and shut ignorant redneck modern day lynching.

So, it bothered me that the media was trying to draw parallels. I thought Rittenhouse was in his yard defending his home, which I think he would have had every right to do.

I was wrong. I think the verdict was wrong. But, I wasn't there, or in court, so maybe 12 honest jurors came to the right conclusion. But I certainly would have felt differently if I had known more

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

17 year olds, guns, and racial tension don't mix....he was a boy in a man's world that night, and 2 people paid with their lives.

Don't look ↑

Yeah fair enough @peter4jc. My point is that there were a bunch of other "peacekeeping constitutionalists" who didn't put themselves in that spot...needing to fire a weapon at humans to defend themselves. Right about the guard, right about the governor. Botched all the way around.

Don't look ↑
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Juries got it right on both counts.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    He had a right to defend himself. His mistake was putting himself in a position where he needed to defend himself, IMHO. One thing that irks the living daylights outa me is that our governor called up 500 National Guardsmen to keep the peace after the Rittenhouse trial. If he would've done that following the Jacob Blake fiasco none of this would've happened. I need to not suppose I know why Gov. Evers let that mob riot last year, and maybe 500 Guardsmen would've made it worse, but letting a city burn w/o trying to stop a riot leads people to think they have a role in stopping it.

TBH, I don’t know much about the trial. But did he not cross state lines, from his home in a neighboring state, carrying a weapon, to defend himself? If I’m wrong please inform me. If I’m correct in that statement, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have had to defend himself if he stayed home no?

True ^

Don't look ↑
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was stupid showing up with a gun but stupidity isn’t illegal. Defending your life isn’t illegal either. To much ignorance in the world today and not enough love and kindness. Thankful for you guys and this forum.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

He did Kenosha a service. Two less scumbags walking around committing crimes. It's too bad the police weren't doing their jobs that night. Maybe arrest some rioters?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

@ShawnOL said:
    He did Kenosha a service. Two less scumbags walking around committing crimes. It's too bad the police weren't doing their jobs that night. Maybe arrest some rioters?

Lol this coming from a guy who lives down the street from the site of the Boston massacre and tea party. I bet you would have been pro-redcoat LOL!

Don't look ↑
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a side note, I wish his parents and Grandparents had done their dam job and told him to keep his young stupid a$$ home. If it had been my kid he’d have had to kick my a$$ before he went. They should have been on trial to in my book.

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

As my father used to tell me when I did something stupid "Shouldn't have been there".......This applies to all there that day.