Home Non Cigar Related

Oh Frank.

0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
Not going to categorically refute anything you said, Tony, except for the "filth" aspect. 20 percent of all homeless people are mentally disturbed or drug and alcohol addicted vets. Some are part of your supposed greatest generation.

Hint: there are too many resources, especially in super blue Oregon, for any sane person with full faculties to want to be homeless. Most homeless people are the product of a society that created them, and while they do break in and commit crimes, I'm not gonna categorize them as "filth" because that's too dangerously close to what Hitler was calling Jews in the early 30s. They're mentally disturbed humans.

Dangerous language right there, but that's okay, I'm sure it was unintentional. Maybe instead of lamenting about outside homeless people coming to your town, you could volunteer and help some of them. Be the solution.

Frank, There is a reason I do not drink alcohol.
And I have been homeless, so I am very familiar with it. Albeit, it was over 40 years ago.
My brother is a substance abuse councilor and there is a reason he is.
When you have a parent who is an addict, you are very well versed in those people.
When you also have addiction problems, you know first hand.

Language is not dangerous. Interpretations from people are.

Fine, you want to have sympathy for those people, that is great.
The comment that sane people with full faculties have too many resources to be homeless is false.
Where I live, the people outnumber the available housing by a considerable amount.
And the ones that are available cost close to or more than most people's monthly income.
Maybe where you are, that may be accurate, but not here.

The cost of living, taxes and housing here are the prime reasons I am retiring and getting out of Oregon.

You have the right to believe what you want, just as I do.
I do not think you are wrong, just that I see things differently than you do.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    Wow I've never continued a conversation into the new thread, let alone one that was named after me! Maybe we can make this the Frank is wrong thread. Is it too late to change the name of it?
    😆 😆

    As for your situation, you are definitely in the minority, you got out of it. Many don't, and those that don't have severe mental limitations. Maybe not 100.000% of people, but enough to make the generalization accurate. I've put in about personal 2500 man hours into veteran homeless outreach. I've met one or two in my lifetime.

    Some people like to sit on the sidelines and **** about the problems. Those people are clueless.

    You are dead wrong in that language is definitely dangerous, not just the interpretations of language. For the record both are dangerous. However, responsibility for the message lies with the author not the reader. That's how it's always been. You can't change the rules.

    Playing semantics with the sentence doesn't absolve the originator with responsibility of the outcomes brought forth by the message. That includes you my man.

    Responsibility lies with the originator!

    You called the homeless people in your community filth. I have an idea of what filth means. I have a picture of it in my head when someone is filthy. It means they're dirty, scummy, no good, and generally super undesirable. Are you saying that my interpretation of your message is my problem? I called búllshit all fücking day on that brother.

    It's up to you to relay your message as you intended to be interpreted by other people. You can't or won't, then it's up to you to stay silent.

    There I just gave you the same message five different ways from sunday. Did you interpret what I meant correctly?

    Love you brother....

    Post edited by VegasFrank on
    Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

    So you are saying a simple sentence typed out and interpreted several different ways is the fault of the author?
    Interesting.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / I-O-U a 5erPosts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @0patience said:
    So you are saying a simple sentence typed out and interpreted several different ways is the fault of the author?
    Interesting.

    I'm asking you if I interpreted your messaging correctly. Did I interpret your messaging correctly? That they are filth? Is my definition of Filth jaded? Is my definition of they jaded? Is my definition of are jaded?

    Yes. I am saying that a simple sentence typed out and interpreted several different ways is the fault of the author. There are only two purposes to a typed out sentence.

    The first purpose is to conduct effective communication. Effective communication involves forming a thought, communicating it, and having your receiver receive the thought that you intended to communicate.

    The second purpose is to intentionally conduct ineffective or deceptive communication. I don't think I have to explain that one in elementary terms.

    So these homeless people are filth. What was your intention of that message?

    Don't look ↑
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I teach effective communication. I can do this **** all day brother.

    Don't look ↑
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cam_91 Haay buddy

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    @Jrflickster said:
    @Cam_91 Haay buddy

    Quit thread jacking the Frank sucks thread! 😆

    Don't look ↑
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Rhinelander, WIPosts: 2,590 ✭✭✭✭✭

    😞

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Stubble said:

    @VegasFrank said:
    I teach effective communication. I can do this **** all day brother.

    Have you taken your course? Asking for a friend....

    Yeah I got a C- in it....

    Don't look ↑
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

    @Cam_91 said:
    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

    You take things way too seriously.
    @VegasFrank was fully aware that this was a poke at him in fun.
    It's what him and I do.
    He posts something, I rebut it. I post something, he rebuts it. All in fun.

    If posting stupid stuff was something no one should do, this place would be awful dry. Or just awful.

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Regardless, listening to (or reading ) you two is becoming very tiring. Why not try something a bit more entertaining? Sheesh…. 🙄

  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jlmarta said:
    Regardless, listening to (or reading ) you two is becoming very tiring. Why not try something a bit more entertaining? Sheesh…. 🙄

    No worries. We're going into winter, which is my busy time, so y'all get a reprieve. 🤣

    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

    Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jlmarta said:
    Regardless, listening to (or reading ) you two is becoming very tiring. Why not try something a bit more entertaining? Sheesh…. 🙄

    Lol yet you continue to do it!

    It's okay for Tony to be wrong...he's good at it 😜

    Don't look ↑
  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @VegasFrank said:

    @jlmarta said:
    Regardless, listening to (or reading ) you two is becoming very tiring. Why not try something a bit more entertaining? Sheesh…. 🙄

    Lol yet you continue to do it!

    It's okay for Tony to be wrong...he's good at it 😜

    I continue to do it because I’m forever the optimist. I keep thinking you guys will give it a rest…. 🤫

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jlmarta said:

    @VegasFrank said:

    @jlmarta said:
    Regardless, listening to (or reading ) you two is becoming very tiring. Why not try something a bit more entertaining? Sheesh…. 🙄

    Lol yet you continue to do it!

    It's okay for Tony to be wrong...he's good at it 😜

    I continue to do it because I’m forever the optimist. I keep thinking you guys will give it a rest…. 🤫

    That's not optimism, it's delusion. I'm optimistic that Tony will keep it going with one of his hot takes 😂

    Don't look ↑
  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / I-O-U a 5erPosts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @0patience said:

    @Cam_91 said:
    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

    You take things way too seriously.
    @VegasFrank was fully aware that this was a poke at him in fun.
    It's what him and I do.
    He posts something, I rebut it. I post something, he rebuts it. All in fun.

    If posting stupid stuff was something no one should do, this place would be awful dry. Or just awful.

    I do understand where you’re coming from. Although, remaining lighthearted when the subject matter is drug addicted and mentally disturbed homeless veterans is difficult for me to do. I fail to see any humor in it whatsoever, regardless of the dynamic you two share. I’m not offended or taking it personal, I really didn’t understand the point of it. I’ll keep my nose out of it and stick to cigar-related matter goin forward

  • jlmartajlmarta 50 miles from ParadisePosts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cam_91 said:

    @0patience said:

    @Cam_91 said:
    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

    You take things way too seriously.
    @VegasFrank was fully aware that this was a poke at him in fun.
    It's what him and I do.
    He posts something, I rebut it. I post something, he rebuts it. All in fun.

    If posting stupid stuff was something no one should do, this place would be awful dry. Or just awful.

    I do understand where you’re coming from. Although, remaining lighthearted when the subject matter is drug addicted and mentally disturbed homeless veterans is difficult for me to do. I fail to see any humor in it whatsoever, regardless of the dynamic you two share. I’m not offended or taking it personal, I really didn’t understand the point of it. I’ll keep my nose out of it and stick to cigar-related matter goin forward

    I agree, @Cam_91. Since they don’t seem to be inclined to admit that their continued dialog is getting a bit old I guess the thing to do is just ignore any of their posts going forward and let the kids have their fun. I’m sure not seeing anything positive coming from it all… 🙄

  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Real ManPosts: 13,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jlmarta said:

    @Cam_91 said:

    @0patience said:

    @Cam_91 said:
    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

    You take things way too seriously.
    @VegasFrank was fully aware that this was a poke at him in fun.
    It's what him and I do.
    He posts something, I rebut it. I post something, he rebuts it. All in fun.

    If posting stupid stuff was something no one should do, this place would be awful dry. Or just awful.

    I do understand where you’re coming from. Although, remaining lighthearted when the subject matter is drug addicted and mentally disturbed homeless veterans is difficult for me to do. I fail to see any humor in it whatsoever, regardless of the dynamic you two share. I’m not offended or taking it personal, I really didn’t understand the point of it. I’ll keep my nose out of it and stick to cigar-related matter goin forward

    I agree, @Cam_91. Since they don’t seem to be inclined to admit that their continued dialog is getting a bit old I guess the thing to do is just ignore any of their posts going forward and let the kids have their fun. I’m sure not seeing anything positive coming from it all… 🙄

    @jlmarta said:

    @Cam_91 said:

    @0patience said:

    @Cam_91 said:
    I’m new here, but my lord this is for the birds. Why start a new thread for the two of you, just message the guy. Or would you just like everyone to see you perched up high on that soap box or what. I just don’t get it. If someone’s really about it they’re not doin this. This is sheep stuff

    You take things way too seriously.
    @VegasFrank was fully aware that this was a poke at him in fun.
    It's what him and I do.
    He posts something, I rebut it. I post something, he rebuts it. All in fun.

    If posting stupid stuff was something no one should do, this place would be awful dry. Or just awful.

    I do understand where you’re coming from. Although, remaining lighthearted when the subject matter is drug addicted and mentally disturbed homeless veterans is difficult for me to do. I fail to see any humor in it whatsoever, regardless of the dynamic you two share. I’m not offended or taking it personal, I really didn’t understand the point of it. I’ll keep my nose out of it and stick to cigar-related matter goin forward

    I agree, @Cam_91. Since they don’t seem to be inclined to admit that their continued dialog is getting a bit old I guess the thing to do is just ignore any of their posts going forward and let the kids have their fun. I’m sure not seeing anything positive coming from it all… 🙄

    Yet here you are three replies in Marty and no sign of slowing down LOL

    Don't look ↑
  • Cam_91Cam_91 San Jose / I-O-U a 5erPosts: 1,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That perspective makes a lot of sense to me @VegasFrank and I’m sure it would be a lot more obvious if speaking in-person.

    Speaking of, I’ve been lacking on getting on the vHerf. I’ve got about a dozen more days of a school left and then three weeks off both work and school. You’re always such a sweetheart on the Herf with the kindest of words. Save some sugar for me VGKitty

  • peter4jcpeter4jc Milwaukee, WIPosts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Go Sharks!

    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
Sign In or Register to comment.