Home Non Cigar Related
Options

merry memes

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

When asked about the cultural impact of the cigar, lesser-known San Francisco financier Steve Worthington said, “A handmade cigar is a rebellion against frenzy and insanity; it means supporting contemplation over rash impulse, and represents a civilized revolution.”

Probably this fellow:

Name First Name Middle Name
    Worthington Steve Nicholas
    Street Address 1 Street Address 2
    425 California Street Suite 1700
    City State/Province/Country ZIP/PostalCode
    San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94104
    Relationship: Executive Officer Director X Promoter
    Clarification of Response (if Necessary):

Managing member of Acme Alpha, LLC, its general partner

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

@silvermouse said:
    When asked about the cultural impact of the cigar, lesser-known San Francisco financier Steve Worthington said, “A handmade cigar is a rebellion against frenzy and insanity; it means supporting contemplation over rash impulse, and represents a civilized revolution.”

Probably this fellow:

Name First Name Middle Name
    Worthington Steve Nicholas
    Street Address 1 Street Address 2
    425 California Street Suite 1700
    City State/Province/Country ZIP/PostalCode
    San Francisco CALIFORNIA 94104
    Relationship: Executive Officer Director X Promoter
    Clarification of Response (if Necessary):

Managing member of Acme Alpha, LLC, its general partner

Lesser-known is an understatement. Yeah, I came across that same info. So, if that is him, should I assume he is just not much of a public figure except people love his cigar quote? It seems odd. Most of the cigar quotes are always somebody famous or infamous, or well known, not a lesser known person. Maybe it's the best thing he ever said.

• Options

@MrShrek said:

I want to figure this one out on my own, but I could use a hint or two or three. How old is the car on top? While you're at it, how old is the car on the bottom? And is this one of those memes that makes fun of other memes? I'm guessing that's the real joke here, isn't it?

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Top pic is a 90’s era Ford Taurus, I think, therefore a 30 yr old car. Bottom is probably an early 2000’s Nissan Altima, making it the 20 yr old one. Meme is just to poke fun at the fact that we’re far older than we wish to believe.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I created the cigar meme and chose Steve Worthington because I found out that was Mike Marbury's alias.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Maybe I created the cigar meme and chose Steve Worthington because I found out that was Mike Marbury's alias.

Maybe you make joke with no truth or logic. (Sorry. Still haven't made my sandwich yet)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

So you're saying that's not really your alias? Isn't that what you'd expect someone to say with an alias like that?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis