Home Non Cigar Related
Options

merry memes

Comments

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

How many of these are on your sheves?

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

About half of them.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Album?

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

Is vinyl on a shelf like MP3s on my phone?

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

That’s hilarious 😂

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

[redacted]

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

You always gotta be “that guy”. This time reminding us we’re old. MP3s are like vinyl in the same way a tin of sardines is like fresh grilled salmon.

Especially @Patrickbrick’s grilled salmon!

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@Vision said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

You always gotta be “that guy”. This time reminding us we’re old. MP3s are like vinyl in the same way a tin of sardines is like fresh grilled salmon.

So yes?

• Options
    edited January 2022

@Bob_Luken said:

@Vision said:

@Trykflyr_1 said:

You're not a "I like the hiss crackle pop" of old beat up analog sound are ya. Just remember you're now entering into my field.

Edit: I enjoyed this read.
    https://www.npr.org/2012/02/10/146697658/why-vinyl-sounds-better-than-cd-or-not

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

Just remember you're now entering into my field.

Then you should know how much mp3s are compressed and no audio data is lost when pressing a record. Comparing hi-res audio and CDs to vinyl may be a different story, but mp3s are not good.

Copied and pasted from a quick google search:
    When comparing bitrate, or the amount of data transferred per second, High-Resolution Audio's bitrate (9,216 kbps) is nearly seven times higher than that of CDs (1,411 kbps) and almost 29 times higher than that of MP3s (320 kbps). ... When an original recording is compressed into an MP3 file, a lot of information is lost.

Not saying vinyl is the best, but it is not the worst.

• Options

@CharlieHeis said:

@Vision said:

Just remember you're now entering into my field.

Then you should know how much mp3s are compressed and no audio data is lost when pressing a record. Comparing hi-res audio and CDs to vinyl may be a different story, but mp3s are not good.

Copied and pasted from a quick google search:
    When comparing bitrate, or the amount of data transferred per second, High-Resolution Audio's bitrate (9,216 kbps) is nearly seven times higher than that of CDs (1,411 kbps) and almost 29 times higher than that of MP3s (320 kbps). ... When an original recording is compressed into an MP3 file, a lot of information is lost.

No... mp3 may be the worst. I agree with that. But CD does have a ton of advantages over vinyl. High-Resolution Audio is digital obviously and you could argue that there is superior to analog

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@CharlieHeis said:

No... mp3 may be the worst. I agree with that. But CD does have a ton of advantages over vinyl. High-Resolution Audio is digital obviously and you could argue that there is superior to analog

Correct. See above quote. I was comparing old beat up analog sound to the mp3s on your phone.