Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having to forego smoking for 3 weeks so I can qualify for non smoker rates for a life insurance policy!

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

We broke the 5 buck a gallon wall this morning. Up $1.04 in less than 2 weeks.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Having to forego smoking for 3 weeks so I can qualify for non smoker rates for a life insurance policy!

How do they know if you smoke? Honest question

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

They usually take some sort of blood or urine sample and test it

• Options

Bloodwork

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I had my bloodwork and physical done for my life insurance I told them about the cigars. They guy said we don't care what you do, if you pass the rate will be x if you fail the rate will be Y. I passed.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

I told the agent. She said to take a 3 week break.

• Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been running a fever of 103 for the last few days, tempted to smoke a cigar, but damn if it don’t feel like a horrible idea lol

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel better.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate when my fridge gets a funky smell. For the last several days it has smelled like rotten meat, but there's no meat in it. I'm taking the usual suspects out and leaving them on my counter for half a day to see if it stinks up the kitchen. So far, no luck.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc may just need a good bleaching

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

That ^ works on buttholēs, too.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    I hate when my fridge gets a funky smell. For the last several days it has smelled like rotten meat, but there's no meat in it. I'm taking the usual suspects out and leaving them on my counter for half a day to see if it stinks up the kitchen. So far, no luck.

I spent a couple hours yesterday chasing down an odor, finally found the dead mouse.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@silvermouse said:
    @Amos_Umwhat I had a friend that kept dead mice in his freezer (to give the crows in the winter when food was more scarce), you might try that instead of the fridge.

Peter's the one keeping them in the 'fridge, mine was in the linen closet. I just toss them in the yard. If the cats don't want them, the crows, or possums, or raccoons will.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Getting called into work at 3 AM for a task that takes less time to complete than it does to drive there. Actually lost money by going to work last night. It cost me more in gas than I made on the clock.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:
    Getting called into work at 3 AM for a task that takes less time to complete than it does to drive there. Actually lost money by going to work last night. It cost me more in gas than I made on the clock.

How much is Alaskan gas now?
    Here it's mostly $4.29 or $4.22 at one place.
    (I've finally installed the gas buddy app on my phone.)

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard this morning that premium is over $7 / gallon now in San Francisco.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

$5.15 in the S-W Chicago suburbs.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    edited May 2022

Reading the words "Your package has an exception" on the tracking message. WTF does that mean? "We're delivering everyone's package EXCEPT yours"? Another Memphis sabbatical. Arrived in Memphis Monday, still there. I wish I could charge the Post Office for late delivery.

• Options

@Bob_Luken said:

How much is Alaskan gas now?
    Here it's mostly $4.29 or $4.22 at one place.
    (I've finally installed the gas buddy app on my phone.)

It’s 5.39 in North Pole and 5.19-5.29 in Fairbanks. Up 40 cents or so from last week.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 said:

You don't get call in time?
    I get 2 hours call in.
    You couldn't get me to turn the key on my truck for less than 2 hours.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

I hate waiting.
    Imagine that. Me.

Our house FINALLY gets listed Monday.
    And I am going crazy waiting.
    With my luck, it will sit for weeks and I'll go crazy.

The house needs to sell, so I can freakin retire.
    I have a bunch of money banked, but I need to have this house sold, so we can get to going.
    So we are in waiting mode and how people have the patience for this sort of crap, I will never understand it.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    I hate waiting.
    Imagine that. Me.

I have a bunch of money banked, but I need to have this house sold, so we can get to going.
    So we are in waiting mode and how people have the patience for this sort of crap, I will never understand it.

You still planning on heading East with starting the business for the boys?

• Options

@deadman said:

@0patience said:
    I hate waiting.
    Imagine that. Me.

And do you know where you'll land? You may have told us, but I didn't see it or don't remember. Hard to say which.

• Options

@0patience said:

You don't get call in time?
    I get 2 hours call in.
    You couldn't get me to turn the key on my truck for less than 2 hours.

Nope. Usta was, back in the salaried days, I’d get $150 for anything less than 4 hours & $300 for over that. Now I don’t get paid unless I’m called in & physically at the hangar. So I’m working 14 sixteen hr days each month basically for free.

• Options

@deadman said:

@0patience said:
    I hate waiting.
    Imagine that. Me.

We are. We have a 2008 Peterbilt lined up and a 48 foot container trailer we are buying.
    The broker we will be dealing with gets 5% of the load, with a cap at $500.
    So a pretty good deal for us.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@deadman said:

@0patience said:
    I hate waiting.
    Imagine that. Me.

And do you know where you'll land? You may have told us, but I didn't see it or don't remember. Hard to say which.

Right now, the area between Nashville and Memphis seem to be the area we find most of the places that interest us. So if I were to make the call now, it would probably be around Jackson, Humboldt or Lexington area.
    But that could change at any moment, if the right property popped up.

The nice thing about the way we want to set up our business with the trucks is, they are over the road, so it really doesn't matter where we end up, as long as the property is decent. Which we might buy a place to get us by, until we find exactly what we want.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: