Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I Hate

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Jetta TDI manual, it’s fun to drive with the low end torque. The couple times I got stuck in bad traffic was a pain but not enough for me to regret my transmission choice.

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Does anyone regret choosing manual when stuck in the rush hour parking lot where you inch forward a few feet at a time?

I honestly don’t mind it or even notice. My clutch is smooth in and out. I wish every car had a manual option (and not that paddle shifter nonsense)

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Screw that test drive, get the manual. I keep having this debate w/ a friend at my lounge. He wants a new VW GTI, I want a new Golf R. He wants the auto because it's faster. I say, who cares about a couple of tenths 0-60, or if it has faster lap times; when in the real world do those numbers mean anything? I want to be involved w/ my car's behavior, more than stomping on the gas and diddling w/ some paddles.

This is the car you're looking at correct https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37001607/2022-volkswagen-golf-r-price/
    Yeah man you're going to fly in that thing! They weigh like 3200lbs lol and AWD, thats basically 100hp more then my friends Audi TT Quattro S-Line automatic and that car moves quick to 140+, your friends GTI doors will be blown off lol

Overall for me I'm looking at whats the most practical and how the car feels, how far can each trans be pushed power wise. Automatic vs manual everything changes, especially down the road when I add more power. Either transmission will be extremely fun as this is a road race car meant for a road race course, going in a straight line is easy 1/4mile wise, corners etc. not so much if setup up incorrectly can be catastrophic! I should also mention the Z28 when done will be well over 1000rwhp, not joking and to keep it a manual at that power I'll need an aftermarket TR-6060 Magnum fully built trans (very expensive) to handle that power, most guys are autos at that point as a manuals disadvantage unfortunately is power handling at higher levels. So for the new Camaro I'm looking at longtube headers(coated), nitrous cam, NX 150 shot kit with supporting mods put on after the motor is broken in. Eventually will Procharge it D1X or bigger, blower cam, forged pistons/rods, supporting mods. So it will be a fun "grocery getter" either way lol

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I bought my truck I put on mudflaps and ventshades.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    When I bought my truck I put on mudflaps and ventshades.

Mine had vent shades so I added nice floor liners.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    I hate driving an hour to Sugarland to test drive Camaros...Get there at the dealership, drive around not seeing any. I go inside find a sales guy, tell him I'm looking to test drive a new or used 2019-21 2SS 10 speed auto and also a 6 speed manual. He goes on the computer and 5 mins later said "They are ALL sold" I said you have 10 here, your people just updated inventory this morning online.

They seriously were ALL SOLD no BS! Told him I'm looking to order a 2022 2SS 1LE fully customized to my preferences but need to test drive just a 2SS first to figure out which transmission to order, he understood and said he personally sold 3 that came in 1 day! I said you seriously have people who see the car online and just flat out buy it without even looking at it? "Yep"

Never thought I could be blindly ordering a basically dream Camaro without getting to drive one similar or even get to drive one at all.

We have 30 units with deposits on them all and cant give anyone a good eta. Some of the machines have been ordered in January. Great for business.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

what is a ventshade?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    what is a ventshade?

Let’s you crack the windows in the rain without getting water in, a must for smokers

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also good for letting the heat out when the sun is beating down.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    Making my grandson laugh so hard he pees in his pants when I am giving him a horse back ride

I know this isn't a contest, but, I think we have a winner!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

Pro tip, it's easier if you're going about the same speed as the traffic you're merging into. Don't tell anyone from California or Nevada though, it's apparently my little secret.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess you never drove a Prius😁

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that I have a truck that has a 10,000 lb towing capacity and I have a service truck that is 29,500 lbs loaded and 19,000 lbs with all my tools out of it.

And I still have to calculate the trailer and all the stuff we plan on taking with us.
    The math doesn't seem to work. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    I hate that I have a truck that has a 10,000 lb towing capacity and I have a service truck that is 29,500 lbs loaded and 19,000 lbs with all my tools out of it.

And I still have to calculate the trailer and all the stuff we plan on taking with us.
    The math doesn't seem to work. LOL!

So, rent a big u-haul box truck for your wifey-spouse to drive and follow you to your destination.

My child bride and I used to do that when I occasionally had to transfer from one big construction project to another, seemingly at the far opposite end of the country…. 🙄🤣

• Options

We're considering that. Haul or Ryder, about $4500 is almost a much as having a moving company haul it. About $5000
    We are looking into buying a shipping container and they will deliver it with our stuff in it.
    About $5500 total and we keep the shipping container.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy a used box truck then sell it at the other end.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

@0patience said:
    We're considering that. Haul or Ryder, about $4500 is almost a much as having a moving company haul it. About $5000
    We are looking into buying a shipping container and they will deliver it with our stuff in it.

Don't trust those moving companies, they steal!!!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

$60k in tools, I worry about that.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@0patience said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

Don't let them near those tools!!!

• Options

@Stubble said:

@0patience said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

What...you got three 10mm sockets or something? Lol...

LOL!
    Or something.
    40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic, you tend to squire a few tools.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@Stubble said:

@0patience said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

LOL!
    Or something.
    40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic, you tend to **squire **a few tools.

You always talk about your kids like that?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

@0patience said:

@Stubble said:

@0patience said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

LOL!
    Or something.
    40 years as a heavy equipment mechanic, you tend to **squire **a few tools.

You always talk about your kids like that?

Some day, they will make a phone that will correct the words correctly.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@Stubble said:

@0patience said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@0patience said:

10mm sockets are only found in engine bays, hoping to one day finally fall through to the ground

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

When is the move? I could drive to Oregon and haul a trailer for ya, just my actual expense, for a 2500 Duramax, if it fits my schedule.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.