Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    picked up a wild blueberry pie at the local store.

Are you sure the blueberries were wild and not raised in cages?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

blueberry pie leftovers for breakfast, not a stellar experience. However, how much more American can you get---Table Talk pie made in Worcester, MA. All the while the earworm of the day is Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. This is my life. Go figure.

• Options
    ThatGuyWithAFaceThatGuyWithAFace Posts: 26 ✭✭

First post ever. Thought about writing a stupidly long, detailed play by play of today. Didnt. Too lazy.
    The end.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps stopping by the newbie welcome thread and tell us a little about yourself would be better.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ThatGuyWithAFace said:
    First post ever. Thought about writing a stupidly long, detailed play by play of today. Didnt. Too lazy.
    The end.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Three letters, D Z R.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ThatGuyWithAFaceThatGuyWithAFace Posts: 26 ✭✭

@d_blades said:
    Perhaps stopping by the newbie welcome thread and tell us a little about yourself would be better.

Diving in head first is always the best....usually...except that time in the rock quarry.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

@ThatGuyWithAFace

What is your favorite color?
    Do you like dogs?
    What is your Zodiac sign?
    Do you smoke cigars?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Three letters, D Z R.

Sometimes I think we don't give Mr. Beckom enough credit. Just a thought.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@ThatGuyWithAFace said:

@d_blades said:

Diving in head first is always the best....usually...except that time in the rock quarry.

Hi. Welcome to the quarry.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited March 2022

@MrShrek said:

Had the fun task of going in for an endoscopy today. All went well and bbbbooyyy oh boy are the sedation meds good.

Wait, you got sedation? No fair! I had to watch a PSA on the Opioid Crisis and then select scenes from the Shawshank Redemption. Distraction therapy they called it. Boy, that chaps my...

• Options

watching ant paving some sticky tape so they can walk on it.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know why they bothered. They don't seem to be sticking to the tape.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Wonder if @CalvinAndHobo will take credit for that too🤔

I think that's the perfect note to retire the bit on.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today I change the oil in my wife's car.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Sweden: No reason to look any further than skatteverket.se; the Swedish tax agency provides a free and very easy-to-use system for everyone to use. Skatteverket also sends out pre-filled tax forms in the beginning of April, and if there are no changes to be made, the filing can alternatively be done simply by texting a verification code found in the forms to Skatteverket’s short code.

USA 0 – 1 Sweden. Sweden takes the lead; dead-simple and free for all. Makers of personal tax software, if you’re looking to expand internationally, look elsewhere!

Level of Effort
    USA: The information for filling the tax forms needs to be gathered. Some of it, such as W-2s, can be imported automatically by tax software such as TurboTax. The fact that federal and state taxes are filed separately complicates the process a bit.

Sweden: In many cases, Skatteverket already has all the information it needs – salaries, withheld taxes, paid and received interests, securities sales etc. The forms are automatically filled out and all one has to do is accept.

USA 1 – 2 Sweden. I really like how most of the process is automated in Sweden; less paper, less hassle, less error-prone

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't that be nice?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason our government spends so damn much money is because we keep giving it to them.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lowered my work table two notches to prevent having to tilt my head to read the text on my monitors. Now my mice aren't at an ideal height, I may have to look into a new mouse pad mount.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )