Home General Discussion

2022 Excellent Herf, Milwaukee

Comments

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d offer for you to pitch a tent with me @VegasFrank , but @Patrickbrick already called it 😂

But seriously @VegasFrank I can throw either a cot or air mattress into the truck and bring it for you if you like. Just let me know.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

@MrShrek said:
    But seriously @VegasFrank I can throw either a cot or air mattress into the truck and bring it for you if you like. Just let me know.

Ok will do. Airfare is so cheap that I might just fly...thank you brother!

Don't look ↑
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also have an air mattress now.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

So how much of a pain in the ass is it to get back to O'Hare on Sunday afternoon? Thinking about flying out of Milwaukee Sunday if I fly, but it's a hundred bucks more expensive. Is 100 bucks worth it?

Don't look ↑

I’m about 40 minutes north of O’hare

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:
    I’m about 40 minutes north of O’hare

And Peter is about 60 or 70 miles north of you right? Maybe it'll be easier if I fly out of Milwaukee.

Don't look ↑
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on your flight time and when the FIBs are heading south Sunday. It sounds like you all could leave the BnB together and somebody could drop you off at O'Hare on their way.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Or I could have a couple of smokes on Sunday morning and take an Uber to the airport in Milwaukee! Decisions, decisions

Don't look ↑

@VegasFrank said:
    Or I could have a couple of smokes on Sunday morning and take an Uber to the airport in Milwaukee! Decisions, decisions

That would be nice too. I actually enjoy that time as much or more than other parts of the herf; things have died down and it's a chance to gently debrief.

• Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a cheap uber from @Patrickbrick’s to ORD. Or was when I did it a couple years ago. Less than the cost of the ticket out of MKE.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or I could drop you at central wisconsin also doubt it's cheaper than Milwaukee but can check

It's worth a look! Thanks Jim!

Don't look ↑

What if I just bomb you beer?

MOW badge received.

How can I not give you a cigar to smoke at my house? It would be rude of me to not provide something for my guests.

MOW badge received.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well at least I know @Patrickbrick is still alive. WTH

Well I’m afraid I’m going to bail. Just way too many expenses have come up the last couple months and we’ve got a trip planned in July. You all have a great time.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rhamlin said:
    Well I’m afraid I’m going to bail. Just way too many expenses have come up the last couple months and we’ve got a trip planned in July. You all have a great time.

I am sorry to hear that, Ricky, but I wish you the best!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

What the ****!

MOW badge received.
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

What he said!

Really sorry to hear that Ricky! You will certainly be missed.

How much you need to make it Ricky?

MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, damn.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Patrickbrick said:
    How much you need to make it Ricky?

No I can’t do that. I just got too much going on. Everything is falling apart at the house because everything is old. Just found out I’ve a big big hole under the back of the house into the crawl space. From where one of my gutters came loose during the big downpour. So I’ve got to get both those problems fixed. Not to mention a new water heater. I’m guessing another good couple thousand gone out the savings. So that’ll be at least 4,000$ unexpected expenses in 2 months. I’m sick of being a homeowner.

This is almost here! I will do the best I can to keep food costs as low as possible without skimping, but unfortunately this is going to be the most expensive year yet. I will post the full three day menu soon.

MOW badge received.
    edited May 2022

Try harder to plan better so there aren't so many leftovers.

LOL. I crack myself up sometimes.