Home Non Cigar Related

Why can't ice cream makers make...

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chocolate with marshmallows and no nuts!.
Chocolate and vanilla with caramel.
A good banana split ice cream.

And why do they insist on putting walnuts, almonds or peanuts in everything?
Some of us people with certain idiosyncrasies have texture issues. I have problems eating some foods that have soft texture with hard texture.
I love Rocky Road ice cream, but cannot eat it, because of the walnuts or what ever. 🤣🤣

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck i think you should take this one.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bottom line IS the bottom line! I have about 80 flavors! We make what sells! Each new flavor means 2-3000 dollars in inventory costs. So unless I get a lot of requests for a certain flavor, we don’t make it. Right now, inclusions are popular. Rocky Road doesn’t sell much in this area, so I don’t even make it. We make Mud, a coffee base with cookie, choc coated almonds, and choc syrup. Sells like hotcakes! Sorry Tony! @0patience

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rocky Road is the best flavor going, IMO.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    Bottom line IS the bottom line! I have about 80 flavors! We make what sells! Each new flavor means 2-3000 dollars in inventory costs. So unless I get a lot of requests for a certain flavor, we don’t make it. Right now, inclusions are popular. Rocky Road doesn’t sell much in this area, so I don’t even make it. We make Mud, a coffee base with cookie, choc coated almonds, and choc syrup. Sells like hotcakes! Sorry Tony! @0patience

I know, I'm just odd.
    And all the popular stuff is sold.

Question is, how do you determine what sells, unless you try selling it?
    Like you said, a lot places don't even sell rocky road, let alone a variant of it.

What about all those people with nut allergies, you are excluding all those people. 😂

You don't want to be that guy who excludes people, do yiu? 🤣🤣🤣

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

50 of the flavors I make have no nuts. Salted Carmel, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc. I don’t decide to add a flavor, cause I’m old and cranky! My kids usually make 2 or 3 a year new.

And we continue what sells, and discontinue what doesn’t!

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Speaking of sales, how's the Acai sorbet doing?

If it was up to me, I’d sell the business and retire! But I have too much personal cash in it, and the economy sucks, so I stay to watch my money! Been doing it for 52 years now!

@cbuck said:
    If it was up to me, I’d sell the business and retire! But I have too much personal cash in it, and the economy sucks, so I stay to watch my money! Been doing it for 52 years now!

I get that.
    I'm investing in my kids and grandkids on this new trucking business. Fortunately I'm not stepping in blind and have a huge amount of support.
    My old boss (I quit 26 years ago) offered to help me. That says something to me.

As for the ice cream.
    Fine. Hmmph.🤣🤣🤣

Problem is, I love ice cream.
    But most companies do not make ics cream for people like me.
    Autism, ADHD, etc
    More than 2 things on the ice cream messes with us, unless its is something that is common (banana split, etc).

Boss lady is planning on buying a soft serve machine and we're looking into one of thoss smaller ice cream machines, so I can make my flavors a gallon it a time. LOL!

And they are so proud of those machines.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:

@silvermouse said:

What is this magic you speak of sorcerer?? 🤣🤣

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how different things are for different people. For me, ice cream is but an obstacle to be overcome while searching for nuts. Were it not for the nuts, I'd never eat the stuff.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:

@silvermouse said:

What is this magic you speak of sorcerer?? 🤣🤣

yeah, I wish Buck's Ice Cream was distributed here. Charles' hands were stained black for a week after mixing up a batch of the stuff.