Home Non Cigar Related

Camera phone help

ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having a problem with posting pictures online. When I try to post a picture all the thumbnails are blank.

When sending a text I can see the images. It's frustrating.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you get when selecting browse?

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

To me, the image you shared Looks like you’re being asked to make a choice between taking a new pic (camera) or (browse) browsing through your existing pics. Click on browse.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of those gray squares are supposed to be thumbnails. They always were until about two weeks ago.

This is what I get when I try to attach a picture to a text. Thumbnails are visible. Only online is where I'm having a problem. Removed and reinstated permissions in Chrome. Cleared its cache.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Update any apps (including the browser) that may need to be and restart your phone. This helps with many problems. Do you have an external memory card in your phone and are pictures being saved to that instead of internal memory?

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could always use a bfh interface if that doesn't help.

No external memory card. Saves to internal memory. Big **** Hammer at the ready.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strange problem, mine works the same way but shows the thumbnails. Can you use browse as a workaround?

Sometimes my camera app crashes when I try to save a photo after editing, frustrating.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Have you tried restarting it?

ETA: Reading is fundamental. @CharlieHeis already covered it.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think it is a permissions issue accessing your photos. Is it an iPhone or android? Go into your phone settings, find google or Chrome and check permissions. You should see a setting for accessing photos or camera

This is what I get wheni hit browse. Restarted it. Cleared cache. Checked for updates. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall chrome and reinstall it.

You don't remember deleting thumbnails to save space, do you? Apparently, that's a thing you can do. Check with a file manager if the internal storage > Pictures > .thumbnails folder is empty, if so you will need to enable thumbnails on your phone.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

And charge your phone

And stay out of the Woolworth's.

@Yakster said:
    You don't remember deleting thumbnails to save space, do you? Apparently, that's a thing you can do. Check with a file manager if the internal storage > Pictures > .thumbnails folder is empty, if so you will need to enable thumbnails on your phone.

There are thumbnails in that folder. Like I said, frustrating. I have a Galaxy running android. I guess I'll Uninstall chrome and reinstall it. Can't think of anything else.

The newest update for my phone fixed the problem. Yay..

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't send or receive pics in my messaging app but apparently I can post one here. New phone, go figure.

A little dirt never hurt