Home Non Cigar Related

Moving sucks.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

It just plain sucks.
I hate it. Loading a semi trailer with all our stuff.
Having to pack a ton of stuff and have absolutely no idea where anything is,
In the meantime, the house is a disaster area and all I can think of is, I have 2 more days to get this sorted.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks, but it wont suck forever.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst job in the world until it’s over

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I moved something like 12 times while growing up. It gets easier the more you do it.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've moved at least 20 times in my career with the military, it always sucks.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate moving. The older you get, the more shlt you have to move.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I moved I gave/threw away whatever would not fit in my VW square back.

• MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

This too shall pass brother. I know it sucks right now, but better times are ahead of you.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the best time to get rid of stuff you don't need.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Last time I moved I gave/threw away whatever would not fit in my VW square back.

Sounds like it's been a while, Edward.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s amazing how much garbage you find that you didn’t know you had.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

@Yakster said:

@silvermouse said:

Sounds like it's been a while, Edward.

Yeah. I have had half a decade edit: make that half a century, lol
    to accumulate vast quantities since then but that is what I would do again, or just kick the bucket and give the problem to someone else, lol.

Also it is amazing how much stuff would fit in the square back, the thing was like the TARDIS. Underpowered but a great design.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was easy to move until I started to collect tools.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm too lazy to move. November will be 40 years in this house. Apart from the effort required to move and decide what's going with me, I'd first have to decide if the next place can (or should) have room for my woodshop, coffee roaster, exercise stuff, etc. Leaving any or all of that behind, or selling it, would signal the inevitable crossing into a stage of life I'm reluctant to enter.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain. Literally . 16 foot POD is being picked up tomorrow. Clpsing scheduled for 15 August now. Will pick up a Penske truck and car trailer and we will be heading north to the panhandle. Seeing that my job for many years has been moving out Military folks around the worl it would be easy for me. Not so when you are retiring next week and have to pay for the move yourself. Good luck to ya

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5