Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@avengethis said:
    The Gray Man and The Man from Toronto where both decent flicks

Brad!. I was starting to wonder if you'd left us forever. Nice to see you around.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

New GoT, House of the Dragon starts in August. Also, Prime has a new Lord of the Rings show coming out in September. The LoTR was supposedly the most expensive show ever produced.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@avengethis said:
    The Gray Man and The Man from Toronto where both decent flicks

Yep 👍

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

The new Beavis & Butthead on Paramount+.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    edited August 2022

Ok, so we watched a couple episodes of What We Do in the Shadows and just started the next episode of The Old Man when my Wife goes upstairs for a minute. A minute usually means an hour so I watched the next episode of the new Beavis and Butthead only to be crushed to find out I'm now caught up.

Looking for something else short to watch I tried Larva Island on Netflix. Kind of crazy, kind of a Korean kids anime but it'll do. No worries about translation, there's no words, just a lot of larval farting.

Oh, and my Wife comes down to let us know that she's up for the night.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Sandman on Netflix is enjoyable.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

My Wife has been watching that, I've caught a few random episodes, but haven't seen it from the beginning. It looks pretty good and has a Constantine feel.

Watching Lightyear on Disney.

edited August 2022

The Grey Man on Netflix was really good. So was wrath of man on prime

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Add Uncharted also. Netflix

-- Winston Churchill

On Apple+, if you have it, Slow Horses is a superb 6-episode thriller about MI5 and an internal snafu. Gary Oldham is one of my favorite actors and he leads a cast of great performances.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

13 Lives on Prime

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

House of the dragon in 4 days on hbo

If you're a Peter Sellers fan, Being There is now available on HBO Max. It's a good movie, but not typical for him.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    If you're a Peter Sellers fan, Being There is now available on HBO Max. It's a good movie, but not typical for him.

That was my wife's favorite Peter Sellers movie. I've sometimes wondered if it was the inspiration for Forrest Gump.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife is/was a huge Elvis fan and she did not care for it.

On the flip side, we have been watching "The Patient" and really enjoying that one.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

I binge watched all eight episodes of Devil in Ohio on Netflix last night, something good that Jim recommended.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I binge watched all eight episodes of Devil in Ohio on Netflix last night, something good that Jim recommended.

Oh no was probably much easier when you thought all the shït I watched was junk lol

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pig on Hulu.
    Well written and surprisingly good.

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Just finished watching this as well. i agree was really good!!

no matter where you go, there you are.

@Patrickbrick mentioned some audio synch issues with watching NFL on Prime using Roku. I used to have audio synch issues until I upgraded to a Roku Streaming Stick+ (and a Roku 4k for the back yard) from the Roku Express.

Finished Dahmer on Netflix. Good mini series. Best part is when he got he head bashed in by another inmate.

-- Winston Churchill

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Outfit, it's a movie on Prime. It is a good one!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

My agree... it's perfect.

Father Stu was entertaining, more so because it's based on a real person. Wahlberg wasn't the best choice for the main character and I think he over-acts, but it's still pretty good.

The Sinner has season 4 going. I highly recommend the whole series.

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ I heard Mel Gibson was real good in Father Stu.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    ^ I heard Mel Gibson was real good in Father Stu.

Mel Gibson is always good

• BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

We just recently finished the Jeffrey Dahmer series, The Watcher & the last season of Sinner on Netflix & i highly recommend those! Also, we are currently in the middle of season 5 of Handmaid's Tale on Hulu and it is one of our favorites!

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

Paramount +
    Tulsa King
    Mayor of Kingstown

-- Winston Churchill

Phantom of the Open on Prime

Glass Onion on Netflix