Home Non Cigar Related

What's For Dessert?

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tonight it's two homemade scratch bing cherries and rhubarb pie :)

Brett
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it weird if I say I want to eat your pie Brett
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I have to say it's damn good pie

:D

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look sooooooo good!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got some chocolate ice cream in the machine right now
    Albinfk said:
    They look sooooooo good!
    Thanks Alb! I'm very lucky to have such a talented wife, we demolished one of them alone last night hahaha which is also why I had to start a diet as of today. We gifted the other pie to our parents since their dog, which is kinda our dog/family dog is paralyzed and in ICU at the CSU Vet hospital yesterday. Waiting for MRI tomorrow to see if they can do surgery to alleviate the bulging disk drives high has her paralyzed right now. So we took the other pie and some flowers over today to help comfort. 

Brett
    Got some chocolate ice cream in the machine right now
    Very nice!!!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's some nice looking pie.  I was proud of the pie my 17 yo daughter baked for the Forth.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    That's some nice looking pie.  I was proud of the pie my 17 yo daughter baked for the Forth.

Hell yeah Yakster that looks awesome she did great!

Brett
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiramisu!!

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Quince Cobbler using up 4 of the quinces that came home from my MILs. I was expecting more flavor differences from apple.

I read this as quiche cobbler at first. After a second read, I have my appetite back

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

ice cream sandwich

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    ice cream sandwich

I just went looking for one and only found fudge pops...I don't want a fudge pop

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

A friend made me a raisin pie, yesterday, still got half...

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

looks good, Chris. We may be the only two on this list who have tried quince. It used to be common. From wiki

"Some varieties of quince, such as 'Aromatnaya' and 'Kuganskaya' do not require cooking and can be eaten raw.[21] However, most varieties of quince are too hard, astringent and sour to eat raw unless "bletted" (softened by frost and subsequent decay).[22] High in pectin, they are used to make jam, jelly and quince pudding, or they may be peeled, then roasted, baked or stewed; pectin levels diminish as the fruit ripens.[23] The flesh of the fruit turns red after a long cooking with sugar by formation of anthocyanins.[24] The very strong perfume means they can be added in small quantities to apple pies and jam to enhance the flavor. Adding a diced quince to apple sauce will enhance the taste of the apple sauce with the chunks of relatively firm, tart quince. The term "marmalade", originally meaning a quince jam, derives from marmelo, the Portuguese word for this fruit.[25][26][27]"

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had wine made from it but have never eaten it.

My MIL sent some over and asked us what it was, she didn't recognize the fruit. I was really excited to try it since we'd had fabulous meals at the 3 Michelin star restaurant Quince in San Francisco, but I was a bit let down to learn how similar to apple these fruits are.

I think we'll make a quince brown betty next now that I'm not worried about covering up any special flavors with brown sugar.

Wonder what quince ice cream would taste like.

That sounds good.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had never even heard of quince until Yak mentioned it a week or two ago.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

no crust cheese cake

@silvermouse said:
    no crust cheese cake

Pudding?

nope, it sliced perfectly, just no crust

Tricky

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Peppermint Stick Ice Cream!