Home Cigar 101

I did it...

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I bought a humidor. This is my first one and I am getting rid of the zip lock bags. After purchasing a 50 count, I called the company back up and cancelled the order and switched it to the hundred count. Nothing pricy, but I'm sure you guys have seen it. It is the Vegas 5, 100 count huimi, paid $60 shipped, so not bad.

I will read some other threads on how to season it and how long do the beads last? Where do I put the distilled water? I think I just have too many questions and I will read up on em.

I just want to know what else do I need to buy?

Thanks

Comments

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Grats on the purchase. I think the beads can last quite a long time (years) if properly cared for. I don't know about the other stuff since I'm not a bead user, but there are tons of guys on here who swear by them and can probably help.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    NICE! Congrats on the purchase... I'm seasoning my new humi as we "speak"... I sent you a link in our ongoing Torch PM... it's got great seasoning info...
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Congrats on the new humi!! Just search around these forums for seasoning advice (if it's the link I think it is, robbyras sent you some good info).

And for the love of God, please don't wipe down the humi - the 2 days you save isn't worth the risk of warping the wood
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    xmacro:
    Congrats on the new humi!! Just search around these forums for seasoning advice (if it's the link I think it is, robbyras sent you some good info).

And for the love of God, please don't wipe down the humi - the 2 days you save isn't worth the risk of warping the wood
    Yep, it's on in the same... It's worked for me... I'm about 12 hours from staring to fill mine up... I will warn you though, if it's a glass top, it's almost impossible to walk by and not check it...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Nice choice and believe me it will fill fast
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto what Florida says. Start picking out your next humidor right now!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Congrats, zeebra!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Rob, got the PM, thanks for that info bro!

I just said beads because thats what I kept seeing, but I wonder what other methods there are. I will check out the link that Rob sent me and I will search this forum as well.

• brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Woo Hoo, congrats my friend. I bought a 50 count at first a few months ago and now I'm looking at buying a 300 count. LOL.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    zeebra:
    I bought a humidor. This is my first one and I am getting rid of the zip lock bags. After purchasing a 50 count, I called the company back up and cancelled the order and switched it to the hundred count. Nothing pricy, but I'm sure you guys have seen it. It is the Vegas 5, 100 count huimi, paid $60 shipped, so not bad.

I will read some other threads on how to season it and how long do the beads last? Where do I put the distilled water? I think I just have too many questions and I will read up on em.

I just want to know what else do I need to buy?

Thanks
    Save some room... I have a very strong feeling you may need it!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Oh man, Evan. What did you do?

Congrats on your first humidor! There are so many threads with good advice, we really don't need to comment. Season her properly, get some good beads, and watch your 100 count fill up very quickly, lol.
    TatuajeVI:
    Haha I have done nothing recently...
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    How cryptic of you!
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    How cryptic of you!
    Just SWAMPED at work so I have not been able to take care of the new B'sOTL we have on here...
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    How cryptic of you!
    Just SWAMPED at work so I have not been able to take care of the new B'sOTL we have on here...
    Jeff tells me this is your penalty for having "too much down time in Afghanistan" lol.
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    How cryptic of you!
    Jeff tells me this is your penalty for having "too much down time in Afghanistan" lol.
    No $hit right?! haha I worked until 11:30 PM on Tuesday and had to be up for the usualy 6:30am PT!

Well, as soon as I have some more free time to put some packs together, some mofo's are getting BOMBED!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:

LoL !!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Hey if you want to try the beads I think I have a half pound ( more than you will need ) laying around that you can have. Just let me know
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    zeebra you have a PM
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Zeebra - Just checked it out on line. Beautiful choice for a humidor, especially your first! Everyone has sent you great information regarding seasoning....enjoy and watch how fast it fills.
    brotheradam:
    Woo Hoo, congrats my friend. I bought a 50 count at first a few months ago and now I'm looking at buying a 300 count. LOL.
    Thanks. Yes, I did the same thing, but I knew it had not shipped, I just cancelled it. After reading everyones response, I had to. The 300 count..wow, you should have fun filling that up.
    xmacro:

I will read up on the wipe down. I did read that to take a wet sponge with distilled water and wipe it down...I'm guessing you mean the same thing, but not to do it. I will read up more, thanks for the info.
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    ejenne87:
    TatuajeVI:
    How cryptic of you!
    No $hit right?! haha I worked until 11:30 PM on Tuesday and had to be up for the usualy 6:30am PT!

Well, as soon as I have some more free time to put some packs together, some mofo's are getting BOMBED!
    This convo between you two .......I dont know if I should be worried or happy?!?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    zeebra:
    xmacro:

I will read up on the wipe down. I did read that to take a wet sponge with distilled water and wipe it down...I'm guessing you mean the same thing, but not to do it. I will read up more, thanks for the info.
    Yeah, the only reason people advise wiping down the wood with a wet sponge is to speed the seasoning process, and IMHO the 2 days you might save just isn't worth the risk of warping the wood
    The Cank:
    Hey if you want to try the beads I think I have a half pound ( more than you will need ) laying around that you can have. Just let me know
    Thanks for the offer. I'll buy some so you dont have to waste money shipping em. Really appreciate it Brett.

BTW, did you get a chance to smoke the others I send you?
    xmacro:
    zeebra:
    xmacro:

Yeah, the only reason people advise wiping down the wood with a wet sponge is to speed the seasoning process, and IMHO the 2 days you might save just isn't worth the risk of warping the wood
    Gotcha.
    Dark Roast:
    Zeebra - Just checked it out on line. Beautiful choice for a humidor, especially your first! Everyone has sent you great information regarding seasoning....enjoy and watch how fast it fills.
    "Enjoy and watch how fast it fills"

I know, I keep hearing that and its scary! Heard that from every person bro. Its like when people have a Mac and they all say, "you will never go back to windows" ...and they were correct too!

Thanks
    I'm going to try my first picture now, let me know if it did not show up.

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    That's a pretty cool design. I usually don't really care for humis with logos on them, but this one is nicely done.
    Nice! I like the humidor. And your new avatar - dayum!