Home General Discussion

Introducing the new CIGAR.com Elite Advantage Loyalty Program

13»

Comments

• Two_dawgsTwo_dawgs Posts: 2

I have been a platinum member for the last year now and love it! i have picked up some great cigars and offers because of it. Thanks Cigar.com!

• MrTuvokMrTuvok Posts: 4

I've been trying for over a month to get more information on how the Platinum membership works. Last month I had over 3000 points and was told that I needed to spend another $300 Just to keep my platinum status. Today, my points have dropped to about 2700 after I have made almost $300 in purchases since then and I am getting a message that I still need to spend $300 in the next 15 days! Something's not right.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I call bullshìt. Why haven’t you called cigar.com about it?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrTuvok said:
    I've been trying for over a month to get more information on how the Platinum membership works. Last month I had over 3000 points and was told that I needed to spend another $300 Just to keep my platinum status. Today, my points have dropped to about 2700 after I have made almost $300 in purchases since then and I am getting a message that I still need to spend $300 in the next 15 days! Something's not right.

It's number of points in a year time period bro.

Don't look ↑
  • Forget the hype, the loyalty programs are worthless. You don’t get dedicated 1-1 support, frankly you get no support. I’ve been a Platinum member for the past year and whenever I’ve had a problem all you hear are crickets. My orders never arrive in three days or less, and my most recent order hasn’t shipped in 5 days. Who knows when or if it will ever arrive. Frankly, the time has come to look for a new supplier, I suggest you do the same.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m enjoying mine! Most orders are here in 1-2 days! And if I need anything, Lindsay has been great! I’ll continue with Ccom for sure! @TheCigarChick

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@TheFinanceBear said:
    Forget the hype, the loyalty programs are worthless. You don’t get dedicated 1-1 support, frankly you get no support. I’ve been a Platinum member for the past year and whenever I’ve had a problem all you hear are crickets. My orders never arrive in three days or less, and my most recent order hasn’t shipped in 5 days. Who knows when or if it will ever arrive. Frankly, the time has come to look for a new supplier, I suggest you do the same.

Hi,

If you can send your name and email as it appears on your account to me at lindsayh@cigar.com, I will have someone call you today. There are a few reasons why an order doesn't ship quickly, and I want to make sure a Supervisor addresses the issue in case there's an error on our side.

Also, please be aware that carriers are still experiencing a lot of delays due to continued staffing issues; while I certainly apologize for the inconvenience, once UPS or USPS has your parcel, there is nothing anyone can do about the speed in which it moves through their respective systems. If it makes you feel any better, I work for CIGAR.com, live 3.5mi from where all packages and print materials are mailed, and lately thanks to USPS I sometimes don't get things quickly either.

Once again, apologies that you've had a less than satisfactory experience, but I would like to help right the wrongs.

Sincerely,
    Lindsay

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 296 admin

@cbuck said:
    I’m enjoying mine! Most orders are here in 1-2 days! And if I need anything, Lindsay has been great! I’ll continue with Ccom for sure! @TheCigarChick

Thank you! Hope all is well with you. Next time I'm out your way headed to the tobacco fields, we should grab a smoke.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me know when, I’ll try and work it out!

• PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

Signed up. Let the rewards rain upon us all

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

They dont ship to PR

@PuertoRicoShawn said:

Don't look ↑
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    They dont ship to PR

@PuertoRicoShawn said:

Seriously? That's messed up.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@VegasFrank said:
    They dont ship to PR

@PuertoRicoShawn said:

Seriously? That's messed up.

Nah, I'm just messing with him....but don't tell 🤫

Don't look ↑
  • PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

Lol. Good one. Was half asleep when i read yours and was like like are you f'ing serious!

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

• 11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Just hit Gold status after about 2 weeks, Platinum here I come! (as soon as I get extra humidors to store more cigars)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just remember the No.1 rule in life... you always know, until you don't.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't buy boxes of cheap cigars. You'll have humidors full of **** you won't smoke.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

But you can send them to Shawn.

Don't look ↑

I have plenty of **** cigars, thank you.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about magazines? How are you fixed for them? Or Travel Brochures?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Well, my car's warranty is about to expire, so there's that.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Well, my car's warranty is about to expire, so there's that.

Don't worry, someone will call soon offering an extended warranty

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ArmyRanger375ArmyRanger375 Posts: 4

I liked the $50 gift certificate at 1,000 points but now I believe I'm at 4,000+ points. When will another $50 offering be made available?

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArmyRanger375 said:
    I liked the $50 gift certificate at 1,000 points but now I believe I'm at 4,000+ points. When will another $50 offering be made available?

@TheCigarChick?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • leftyjcwleftyjcw Posts: 2 ✭✭

Since becoming a platinum member, years ago, my orders take longer to come in. The latest didn’t even ship until 3 days after the order. Now , four days after shipping, nothing. And the email hasn’t been updated. Looks like my Thanksgiving order will be filled locally. Darn it.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Edit: decided I didn't need to be a smart aŝŝ. Atleast not this early maybe later