Home Cigar 101
Options

Making own Cigars

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited June 2022

I torqued this nubber three years ago

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthmas!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthmas, Davis.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost what do you consider when making a blend? Do pick a certain tobacco to stand out and blend around that?

I have been able to make a couple „ok“ nicotine bombs but I have aged them Frank style. I also have a limited stock, my next purchases will be some Nicaraguan, Cameroon, and Brazilian leaf.

Any tips for beginners

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been looking into doing some myself. I have a 5 3/4 x 42 and a 6x46 mold on the way. Been looking at a few different places to buy leaf. Any suggestions @deadman ?

• Options

There's Whole Leaf and Leaf Only, I've tried Whole Leaf when I picked up some Perique for pipe tobacco but they have cigar leaf there too.

• Options

I’ve been checking out both of those. Just haven’t made my mind up yet.

• Options
    edited November 2022

I use both of those. There’s also Total Leaf Supply. I usually have my order the next day with them.

Leaf only sells by 1/4 lb so you can sample but unless you pay extra for expedited processing then it takes two weeks to receive your order.

Whole Leaf takes usually a week for delivery. They also have a forum that Webmost would post on.

• Options

@Rdp77 Hey Rusty, Leaf Only is doing a Black Friday sale. 15% off sitewide for the next 4 days.

• Options

@deadman said:
    @Rdp77 Hey Rusty, Leaf Only is doing a Black Friday sale. 15% off sitewide for the next 4 days.

Thanks Nick!!

• Options

@deadman said:
    Made my first mold. 5 1/2 x 48
    Got my jig setup in a comfortable position for the top as you can see by the reduced burning

What did you make it out of? Oak?

• Options

@Rdp77 said:

@deadman said:
    Got my jig setup in a comfortable position for the top as you can see by the reduced burning

Yes, there’s a certain wood used for molds but I couldn’t source it locally. I figured oak would do for a test run.

• Options

@deadman said:

@Rdp77 said:

@deadman said:

Yes, there’s a certain wood used for molds but I couldn’t source it locally. I figured oak would do for a test run.

I’ve been considering making a couple. I figured oak or maple would work best. Let us know how it does.

• Options

Looks good enough to smoke, what's the blend?