Home Non Cigar Related

weekend!

DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
whats everyone doing this weekend?

Comments

• CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Working a 24 on Saturday, then going up north to the cabin Sunday morning and do a flyfishing float trip in my Hyde driftboat I never get to use! And of course, smoking cigars!
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Capt:
    Working a 24 on Saturday, then going up north to the cabin Sunday morning and do a flyfishing float trip in my Hyde driftboat I never get to use! And of course, smoking cigars!
    sounds like a great weekend i gotta do some work aswell... gotta make that money ive never been fly fishing before i actually know nothing about it but it sounds relaxing
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think I may actually get this weekend off, so I plan on doing nothing at all... well, except for taking in a few cigars and relaxing to my heart's content.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Tonight I saw Leann Rimes and Kenny Chesney in concert. Tomorrow night I'm hitting up a "90's Throwback" event at a local club. The rest of the weekend I hope to just relax, because after this weekend I work 10 nights in a row so that I can push 4 days off together to get back home to Los Angeles (with a side trip down to San Diego/Tijuana) before the fall semester gets going.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    (with a side trip down to San Diego/Tijuana) before the fall semester gets going.
    Read "with a trip to my favorite trustworthy tobacconist south of the border" :P
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Working on finishing building a few AK's with my buddy tomorrow; on call for Sunday.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    And since today is actually Sunday in my universe...working again, and my wife and kids are taking off and going camping up in Glacier NP without me. Sometimes being a firefighter (wildland, not structural) in summer blows. 20 years in, and 7 to go to retirement. Than I am going to see what summer should be about, instead of doing my smoking by the board foot.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Trying to relax for the first time in god only knows how long we aren't going any where and there is nobody staying at our house. Having a nice herf saturday with a few buddies at the local B&M.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Going to the firing range with the wife, breaking in a new 357 mag. and 45 acp. working on getting a weapons carry permit for her...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'll be relaxing, as well. Maybe get a couple of 2-cigar days in, since I've gone completely without several times in the past week and a half.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Going to a herf in Nashville.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'll be relaxing, as well. Maybe get a couple of 2-cigar days in, since I've gone completely without several times in the past week and a half.
    Without.......? Are you still talking about cigars Urbi ?
    Oh, hellz, if we're talking about the other thing, I've gone completely without for . . . what year is this?
    urbino:
    Oh, hellz, if we're talking about the other thing, I've gone completely without for . . . what year is this?
    DAMN urbs, how often are you crying urself to sleep?
    Eh. Once you get past a certain age, you find more and more it just isn't worth the trouble required to get it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Eh. Once you get past a certain age, you find more and more it just isn't worth the trouble required to get it.
    Jeez urby, I'm 24 and I feel that way. There must be something wrong with me.
    Wise beyond your years.
    urbino:
    I hope I never reach this age ...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    yeah I'm about to go get me some right now.. good night everybody... happy birthday, me :)
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Happy birthday Duty...here's to hoping getting some involved your lady.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Why limit him to that?

Happy birthday Joe!!!
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    I hope I never reach this age ...
    Don't knock it till you try it, maddy. It simplifies life GREATly to not have your hormones constantly intruding on the rational parts of your brain. They still intrude from time to time; just not as strongly or as often.

Give 'er one for me, Duty. Shout out my name or something.
    Scrambler:
    Luko:
    Why limit him to that?

Happy birthday Joe!!!
    Good point, shoulda said involves A lady.
    hey, welcome back Luko! how was the trip?
    Thanks, Duty...it was great. Nothing but sun, surf and sand for a week, along with copious amounts of food, drink and sticks.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my weekend so far:
    friday. 10am Go to work. get out at 1:00am
    sat 8am clock back in work till 3 pm.

of the last 31 hours, 23 have been spent on the clock. (i hope i did that math right. im kinda tired.)

tomorrow:
    clock in at 10am ...i should be out by about 8 pm ...ish
    The math wasn't quite right, but with a schedule like that, you're allowed a tolerance of +/- 5 hrs... so you were impressively accurate.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    30 of 22? iduno. whatever. its too much. at least ill get some OT. ...or a bunch of it. my week ends on tuesday. ill hit OT tomorrow.
    That's too much work and too little sleep. Hang in there, kuz.
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    my weekend so far:
    friday. 10am Go to work. get out at 1:00am
    sat 8am clock back in work till 3 pm.

of the last 31 hours, 23 have been spent on the clock. (i hope i did that math right. im kinda tired.)

tomorrow:
    clock in at 10am ...i should be out by about 8 pm ...ish
    Kuzi, I have to say I have you beat. My weekend plans got a little muttled. I came into work Thursday morning at 730, and I am STILL here at the station. I do not get to leave until Sunday morning at 0800! Thats right, working another 72 hour shift! But, yesterday was all overtime, 24 hours @ time and a half. Man I cannot wait to get home!